Friday, October 23, 2026

Who needs an alarm clock?

 "I like to make sure Lynn nevfur evfur ovfur sleeps."



"I have this terrific scratchy post in the bedroom. And I use
it a lot in the dark of the morning.  It makes lotsa noise
as my claws rip the sisal rope. The hard cardboard knocks
on the wood leg.  I can nevfur let Lynn git too much sleep."



Somewhere between 4:30 AM and when I get up at 5,
Precious will start the morning alarm.  She never
meows, she never jumps on the bed,  but she really
knows how to use that scratcher. 
You may ask why then is it in the bedroom.  Long story
short,  it was made for Angel Seney years ago and lived
elsewhere. But moving into this house,  we have one scratcher
in the living area and one in the basement.  So this little
table used to be a window seat, it is now just like a 
night stand with a built in alarm.


"Lynn,  tell me that you nevfur evfur hada
alarm clock this loud and timely.  I must git 
my breakfast on time.  And I gotta pawty to
go to today at June's house!"


"Check us all out at Zoolatry with all our
finery on and tea and crumpets."

What better way to celebrate our Blogoversary!





Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.





25 comments:

Willie Wine. said...

Our clocks go back an hour this weekend..
2am Sunday morning, i have 11 clocks to
see to..so l'll pop round tomorrow and put
them ALL back an hour...!
Then next weekend it'll be the calendars,
l have 15 of those to see to...yheHe! Bless!x

And we're into a couple of hours of hurricane
Austen followed by hurricane Boelo..here in
the South/West...the next 72hrs will be a bit
rough, even had warnings on my mobile, to
phone 105 in case of power cuts etc....so, it's
creeping up towards my county..Dorset...and
reach about, mid morning, and there even
advising people to make sure they have at least
three days of food and water, just in case...!
HeHe! So l shall spend most of the time, under the
stairs, drinking lemon tea...! :O).

I remember all my pussy~cats, none of them took,
or like scratching posts, none of them, they preferred
the settee..especially the back of them..!

Love the bottom photo Precious, very nice, with a nice
posh cup and saucer...Love the hat to...
I'll go off and check out Zoolaltry...see if l can find the
link...though knowing my luck...! :O).
πŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž πŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž πŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž πŸ™πŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž 

Zoolatry said...

Good morning, dear Precious. When you are done at your scratching post [it is very much like mine] I will stop by your table to welcome you to the Tea Party. Am so happy you've come today and you look lovely-plus-plus. Just promise not to tickle my nose with one of your feathers, or I shall have a sneezy-fit! And Happy Blogoversary to you & your wonderful Mommy, another special event to celebrate today!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Parents need an alarm clock that don't need batteries

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Well done, Precious, for your excellent time-keeping! That hat suits you so well... Hugs an whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

Kea said...

Precious, you work hard to make sure your human is up at the appropriate time! Good job! And don't you look divine all dressed up for the Tea Party?! πŸ˜½πŸ’–

Ms. ~K said...

You’re an adorable wake up alarm, Precious! I don’t like being disturbed when I sleep, but wouldn’t mind if you woke me up❣️ Rocky

Duke said...

That's a great way to make sure your mom doesn't oversleep, Precious. If mine does (and she does sometimes) she gets less time on the computer as my breakfast MUST be served exactly at 6am! Happy Blogoversary and it was so nice to see you at the Mad Hatter tea party!

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

Oh, you sweet kitty, you're the best timer in your house, we're so sure about that...MOL...πŸŽ‰Extra Pawkisses for a Happy Blogoversary and many more to come😻See you at June's tea Pawty, Purrecious girl and mom LynnπŸΎπŸ˜½πŸ’ž

Eastside Cats said...

Precious, that purple Mad Hatter's Hat is marvelous on you!

Eastside Cats said...

Happy Blogoversary!

carol l mck said...

That is certainly a unique alarm clock ~ Happy Blog Anniversary to you ~ enjoy the tea party ~ Hugs ^_^

Katie Isabella said...

Precious, you look like a million in that hat! And good time keeping. I flat meowed loud! You have more finesse than I ever did.

Gidget Blue Sky said...

beautiful hat Precious!

My Mind's Eye said...

Precious you must be sure Lynn is up at the crack of Dawn...
that is your job as was it Angel Madi's she was up at 4:30 most mornings. I adore you Gorgeous Mauve Mad Hatter Tea Part-ee hat and what a beautiful cup too
Hugs cecilia

Brian's Home Blog said...

Kitties are the best alarm clocks ever! Hey sweet Precious, you look absolutely stunning!!!

Barbara said...

Having a cat alarm is the best - unless it is when they are vomitting!

Chris said...

Ha ha Precious you must have your breakfast on time.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

precious…B ) happee blog annie fur sarry two ewe…heerz two de next 20, thurd, ewe iz rockin yur tea pawtee hat, make sur ta bring home a wee cake for lynn and 37) speekin of…lynn shuld bee up and gettin yur brek fezt at. 3:41…noe
eggz cuzez 🐾😸‼️πŸŽƒπŸ–€πŸ™€πŸ§‘πŸ–€πŸ§‘

DeniseinVA said...

What a lovely post, you are indeed precious Precious . Thank you and Lynn foer keeping us entertained. Enjoy your pawty :)

Julie said...

Well how beautiful you do look in your purple hat there Precious - that colour certainly goes well with your grey onesie.
You are just like Blackie - he likes to go out at that hour too. I am always woken up by him, not scratching but this kind of howl he does. He doesn't seem to meow, just howl. It certainly works anyway.
My daughter in law had one of those sisal scratching posts & she re-clad hers as it was so pulled. It looks wonderful.
Wishing you both a great weekend - I've just been for an early walk around our Domain. Its a long weekend here in NZ & they were having a gymkana (not sure how you spell it) day there - lots of horses & jumps everywhere!! Also foggy here this morning so it was sort of ethereal. x0x0

pilch92 said...

You look so beautiful in your hat. Brody wishes he had gone to the party, but Dusty was our representative. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You look absolutely fantastic! You absolutely could not be late for the tea party :)

Marvelous Marv said...

Precious! You look absolutely DARLING! I did NOT want to wear a hat and opted for a ribbon, but yours is drop dead gorgeous! I shall stop by latter and purrhaps you will let me try it on! And that tea cup...our Mom has 2 of those in her Grandma's China trunk! Keep being AWESOME! Your gal pal, Jo Jo

messymimi said...

It sounds like you keep your mommy on her toes.

I was at the tea party for a little bit and you look amazing!

Asep Haryono said...

your cats are so adorable. A big hello from Indonesia!

Who needs an alarm clock?

  "I like to make sure Lynn nevfur evfur ovfur sleeps." "I have this terrific scratchy post in the bedroom. And I use it a lo...