Saturday, September 19, 2020

 "Lynn, this isn't big enough for my tiny tushy. No way it

will work for the orphans."

I know, Precious.  I'm just getting started. If you would stay awake
long enough to see me work on it, you'd understand the process.
I'm using your puny 17 pound hiney for the measurement of this.
I figure if we can get you on it properly, then it will be big enough
for the orphans. Then I have to crochet the boaster and stuff it with
fiber fill to make a nest. With enough yarn to make 3 of these, I'll
be busy as Fall moves in and I have to stop riding my bike.
I got the idea to crochet these from timmytomcat.blogspot.com 
Timmy received a purple and white crochet bed for his birthday.

I rode 40 miles a few days ago on the trail that starts close to home.

Goldenrod blooming.

Ohio native sunflowers. As you can see they are
a magnificent gold color, but not near the size of
the domesticated version used for people and bird food.

Yellow seems to be the herald of Spring and Fall.
In the Spring, it is dandelions and coltsfoot and of course,
daffodils. Here in the Fall it is these 2 above and yellow
jewel weed.  The jewel weed (native impatient) are starting
to be less showy, and as they dwindle the humming birds
know to start moving South.  I still have rose of Sharon
blooming and the hummers are still here, or they may not
be the ones I have had all summer. They may be from as
far north as Canada.
"Lynn, I have to give it the sniff test. And if you ever
get one finished, I'll have to try it out and make it smell
cat like so the orphans will know what it is for."









3 comments:

  1. You are so sweet Precious ... look at your dear little face checking out Mum's crochet work. When Mum finishes it you will have to give a good old trial for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn how funny is Precious and boy 40 miles is a long way well done,take care and stay safe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, a bit of a shot there, Precious, about if it is big enough for you... Seventeen pounds? Really? You don't look it.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...