Friday, October 2, 2026

It began with 3

 "Lynn had so many caterpillars last year we gotta 4th box. And it's a good thing she did. The nursery was in smaller plastic boxes."



"I warned her not to start this.  But after the furst 3 early on
there ended up being eggs after eggs laid out furont."


"She went out evfurry day and brought in teensy tiny 'pillars
and had to feed them all."



"They were purrty obligin' and grew up to be Monarch 
Butterflies eventually.  We had 102.  So glad that
Mackerull over at Trout Towne was wrong about
us gittin' 732 this year.  Lynn woulda gone over
the edge."


"I'm just glad they flew away afore winter and filled up my house."



"Lynn says we even had a few 'pillars escape her attention
and we found a few butterflies hatchin' in Seney's 
pink garden sedums! And we only fed 9 'pillars 
that ended up not hatchin' acause of the parasites 
got 'em."









Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.







18 comments:

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

Wow, that is so wonderful to help the Monarchs and even to just watch them turn from caterpillars into those huge, gorgeous butterflies!

Duke said...

They are such beauties and your mom is so wonderful to help them populate, Precious♥

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
That is great work by Lynn... and you, Precious, did right to let her spread her Love! Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

Willie Wine. said...

Phew! back home at last....popped into town
at 8.15...Coffee...Then the Art and Craft fair
in the Corn Exchange at ten...Usually it's on
the first Saturday of the month, for some
reason, changed to to~day....! :).

And...Lovely seeing the Monarch butterflies..
And 102...That's amazing...
Just at this time l've many/loads of garden
spiders, in and around the windows and doors...
ame every year, and l help feed them...no thanks,
of course...never mind, l love spiders...!

And St Francis Day...And he's Patron Saint of
many things...and always remembered for his
love of animals...! God Bless!
🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your Mama is the Monarch Whisperer, hooray for da Mama!

My Mind's Eye said...

Precious I am in awww of Lynn's ability to nurture and raise Monarchs. What a wonderful nature post and
Happy Friday
Hugs cecilia

Barbara said...

That’s a lot of butterflies. It must be cool to watch!

Kea said...

Precious, your human has done amazing work for monarch conservation! Kudos to her! Now, what about some bee hives? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜❤️

Eastside Cats said...

That's an amazing number of butterflies!

John Bellen said...

One hundred and two sounds like 732 to me! But good work by your mum, Precious. Butterflies are not only beautiful - especially the monarch variety - but are beneficial to our world.

Priscilla King said...

Well done Lynn! Congratulations! It can be good to skip a year between seasons of rearing butterflies. 9 parasites one year might be 90 next year...Like planting different crops to reduce populations of unwanted caterpillars.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

precious….high pawz two yur mom on helpin theez flutter byez….πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹ we think they haz passed TT, long with thoz ewe noe whatz that like ta hum a toon….de naybor down de street haz knot said yet how manee flutterz her had…purrhapz next yeer eye will tone it down on me guezz N say 519 πŸΎπŸ˜ΈπŸ–€πŸ§‘πŸ§‘πŸ–€‼️😸

Julie said...

Goodness me Lynn - 102 butterflies - that is amazing!!! I do think Lynn is the master of this butterfly rearing dear Precious. And Yes I think 732 might just have sent Mum over the edge a teeny bit!!! And we can't have that Precious now can we?
I saw my first monarch flying around yesterday - I have trimmed the swan plant as it got frosted & it is growing well. I think I may need to invest in some of those cages Lynn - I tried netting the plant last year but they still got eaten by the Australian wasps. I think I need to change my tactics this year.
I hope you both have a wonderful weekend. We have visitors coming today for the day - Miss Pip is NOT impressed & I have just burnt the first batch of muffins (!!!) Not a great start! x0x0x

Ms. ~K said...

Precious, Wow, wow, wow! We love this!!!! Your mom is awesome! Good Karma to her! ❤️ Rocky

pilch92 said...

They are beautiful. Not as beautiful as you though Precious. XO

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Your mom does an amazing job with them!

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

That is awesome. My mom would love something like that.

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

What a wonderful thing to do!

It began with 3

  "Lynn had so many caterpillars last year we gotta 4th box. And it's a good thing she did. The nursery was in smaller plastic boxe...