Friday, September 11, 2026

My furry own nippy plant

"Lynn made sure she got a good wacky weed seedling this Spring."



"And when I go out on my catio, I have plenty to chew."


"And I attack it furom evfurry angle."



"I find it lip smacking yummy. And then I go in and sleep it off."

Precious,  you some times really get into helping
yourself to catnip plant.  And it does seem to put you 
to sleep.  I don't always have luck with one in a pot.
The one out front is protected to a point that the 
neighborhood cats can not just roll in it and break it off.
But I also keep a wild one that is available for that 
until it is worn off or dies from too much attention.






Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.




 

30 comments:

Willie Wine. said...

Goodness me Precious....That is a lovely
Catnip plant, almost big enough for you
to hide behind...Are they supposed to put
you to sleep...? :).

Well...I'm off to Poole in an hours time,
think l'll go by bus, it stops just at the
bottom of my road, just a forty minute
bus trip...Need to pop into my bank, as
all the banks in my small town, are now
all closed...! :(
and...I need to 'top' up on my underwear..
But! Don't tell anyone will you...HeHe! :O).

And yes...9/11 The News Channels over
here have been busy reporting on it, saw
a very interesting but sad interview with
a lady, who was on the seventh floor, at the
time, when the plane hit the building......She
was twenty~five at the time..now fifty, her first
day of a new job.....All very sad...very sad...!
 ☕๐Ÿฐ☕๐Ÿฐ☕๐Ÿฐ  ☕๐Ÿฐ☕๐Ÿฐ☕๐Ÿฐ 

Duke said...

Lynn is wonderful to always be thinking of you, Precious. Enjoy your catnip!

Kea said...

Precious, that's an incredible catnip plant! No wonder it puts you to sleep after you have a chomp. Heh heh.

Brian's Home Blog said...

That is an amazing nippy plant sweet Precious. We will never forget that horrible day in our history.

Katie Isabella said...

Mom has never been able to find a catnip plant! GO figure!!!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Chaplin: "There's no 'nip like home-grown 'nip!"
Charlee: "We weren't around for 9/11, of course, but our Mama and Dada will never forget it. Our Dada was in a meeting in the only room in the building that had a television, and somebody knocked on the door and said they needed the TV, and that was the end of the meeting. And of any work for the rest of the day."

Marvelous Marv said...

Wowzzers! Our Nip plant did not survive our heat this summer. There is NOTHING like fresh nip! Well, maybe home dried nip...last year Mom dried some of our plant and we still have a bag of it left. Mom says it should just about last us 3 this winter!
Boy oh boy you are doing a terrific job keeping your plant pruned too! Your gal pal, Jo Jo

Gidget Blue Sky said...

wow, that izza wun healthy nip plant, mine died and dee mum izza werking to bring it back

da tabbies o trout towne said...

precious that nip plantz gonna keep ewe buzzed for like 37,218 dayz ‼️๐Ÿ˜ธ๐Ÿพhope lynn haz de pan tree stocked with grate nomz for when ewe getz de muncheez…N hay, givez cat grazz a try sum time….grate stuff ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š‼️๐Ÿพ

My Mind's Eye said...

Precious OMCs you are going after each side with such gusto...yay you. So nice you have a huge snack on your catico
OH and you look so adorable too
No we will never ever NO NEVER forget....
Hugs Cecilia

Mary Kirkland said...

A catnip plant. That's such a good idea. I'll have to tell my friend who has a cat to grow one and see how her cat likes it.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

You sure have a green thumb!

pilch92 said...

That is nice nip. Your mom should bring a bunch in to dry so you have it all winter. My cats prefer it dried- more potent. Brody sends his love and kisses. XO

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

W my gosh, you could harvest that, plant it, sell it, and make a mint.

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

When we had kitties, there was quite a bit of nip in the yard, but then the neighbors got a kitty, and he was allowed outside...and well, he destroyed most of the nip. He climbed over our fence at night when us pups were inside...and did his work...must have been potent such that he could smell it in his own yard.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh what luxury to have your furry own 'supplier', Precious, who brings you quality stuff!!! I was worried I was missing posts because Blogger has not been playing nice... but I just realised you only post on Friday's, so note has been taken... Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

Eastside Cats said...

Fresh nip, and a nap; seems pretty good, Precious!
25 years ago, so much ugliness.

Ms. ~K said...

Oh my goodness Precious! Your mom has a green thumb for sure! The expression on your adorable face in last photo shows how much you’re enjoy the nip plant. Eyes wide open & tongue out! ๐Ÿ˜น Sleep it of sweetie! Licks & Sniffs, Rocky❤️

John Bellen said...

I'm glad you like your cat-nip plant, Precious, and that it soothes you. Cat-nip usually has different reactions on my lot, starting with my first cat, Tungsten, who would become combative under its influence.

messymimi said...

What fun to have a nip plant! It makes me wish I had a green thumb.

Smudge said...

Oh, Precious, we love that last lip-smacking photo of you!

Kitties Blue said...

That is one fantastic nip plant. We only have ever had one that grew to be big and luscious like that. We always have a potted one, but Dad keeps it away from us and just doles out a little at a time. If not, 22 pound Cooper Murphy turns it into his purrsonal bed, and then it's a goner. XOCK, angels Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid & Sawyer, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy, Kizmet, Audrey, Raleigh, Gibbs & Tali

Peachy, Faye, Granny and Angels Binky and Stippie said...

OMC Purrecious, let's all get nipped tonight๐Ÿ˜นthe plant looks delicious. Double Pawkisses for a Happy Sunday to you and your Lynn too๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ฝ๐Ÿ’ž

Barbara said...

Precious looks like he is enjoying every bit of that plant. He’s in Heaven!

The J-Cats said...

Ooh, Precious, you lucky girl! Your furry own nip plant! Happy nibbling!

Modrina Neba said...

How beautiful you are... so special!

Julie said...

Oh you sure do look to be enjoying your catnip plant dear Precious - licking your lips there!! How lucky you are that Mum plants such a big one.
Little One rolls in mine so there is very little left of it - I must look to get a couple more this spring.
Blogger has not updated my Reading List for 6 days & then this afternoon has decided to do so ... here you were. I've been remiss on searching for blogs this past week. Looking forward to another post from you tomorrow. xx

Henny Penny said...

I see you licking your lips! :) You are so funny, Precious. Maybe I should get Smokey his own catnip plant. Tell Lynn that her plants are just beautiful, in her last post.

Katie Isabella said...

Precious...I got a stalk of it at Pickles and Romeo's place. If I plant it in a pot out on the deck for now...will it winter ok? Serious question. You are my best furriend so I asked you.

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Precious, that is an epic catnip plant, and to try it from all angles was very clever, mew know some leaves are stronger than others, that's what Fudge has found with ours!!! MOL MOL Hope mew have a truly furbulous week ahead! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜ป

Big Baby

  "Dear furiends,  if'n yer peeple call you a big baby, show 'em this big baby." "Yep, Lynn said mama cow is only a t...