"Lynn, did ya go into the mine field? Wile E. Coyote woulda used the explosives fur gittin' the bird, Road Runner."
"Is it any wonder I think you'll nevfur evfur make it home?"
Precious, this not a sign I expect to see on a bike ride on the
Rail Trail path.
This is an area where they used to have a sandstone quarry.
The beautiful pink sandstone used for houses and buildings.
Hope you can see the pink vein in this block.
And, no, I did not trespass. This block is right at the path.
Don't usually see so many windows in an old barn.
Tobacco barns have many windows but this would
have been from years ago. No 'baccy here anymore.
It was a long ride, but on a fairly cool and not
humid morning. A few weeks back before
we turned into a sweat box.
"You got home early enough that you had ta wake me up
fur my brunch and my brushing."
Precious, I'd not disappoint you if possible.
More pink in the yard. Two colors of rose of Sharon shrubs.
Not actually roses, just the name. They are large shrubs.
![]() |
| Monarch Butterfly |
Ended up with 3 eggs. Life from June 23 until they flew
July 20. Got my eye on a few more eggs right now.
Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.








27 comments:
It looks like the ACME has set up shop in your domain
Wile E. Coyote is a cartoon character, a perpetually
unsuccessful hunter of the Road Runner, a speedy
bird.
Introduced in the 1949 Warner Bros. Looney Tunes
series by animator Chuck Jones...!
And just about the very best cartoon of it's day...And
still is....! :O).
The Monarch butterfly looks lovely, as all butterflies do...
And, l must say..Love that old barn...Goodness! That has
so much character..has it ever..Love it...!
✨๐✨๐✨๐✨๐✨๐✨✨๐✨๐✨๐
Love the tobacco barns! We see them when we leave or arrive in CT by air. The magenta-colored Rose of Sharon is gorgeous!
Oh, Purrecious, you're so lucky to have of the Monarchs. We've neffurr seen it so close, it's a miracle๐ธThat also was an interesting ride and wonder if the 24,6 are kilometers or miles. Granny likes to bike too, but not so far anymore, max 30 kilometer (48miles). Double Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend to you and Lynn too๐พ๐ฝ๐
I sure wouldn't go in that boom area either sweet Precious. That's a pretty butterfly and boy, that was some bike ride!
That sandstone is beautiful! I love its colouring! I'd love to peek in the old barn too. If only old buildings could talk to us.
Your monarch is gorgeous. Lynn is such a great butterfly caretaker. ๐ฆ
Happy Friday and weekend! Smooches to Precious. ❤️
Precious, around here in Metro Detroit, we don't have rocks that need to be dynamited, nor baccy barns.
We are dull!
The sandstone is so striking and the barn looks unusual to my eyes. As you say, there aren't usually many windows in a barn.
I love that you're doing your bit for the Monarchs - it's very rewarding for everyone.
Precious, your mom is making tracks around the neighborhood! We enjoyed these lovely pictures! My mom has a special fondness for old barns!
The monarch is gorgeous. Mom ordered caterpillar kits for her classroom every spring. “Release Day” was always exciting! The fuschia Rose of Sharon is magnificent! Thankful your mom got home in time to brush you! Let me know if you ever need some extra licks❣️Rocky
Lulu: "Hmm, our Mama and Dada used to ride their bikes into various places, but never a blasting zone! I wonder if there was any danger of anvils falling on anyone's head ..."
Chaplin: "Brushing is okay, but being woken up early? Heinous! I hope you were well compensated for your trouble, Precious!"
I did see the Pink wow and OMCs Lynn almost rode enough miles to get to NC. MOL MOL MOL
Precious you are quite lovey today as is your roommate Monarch
Hugs Cecilia
Thank you for your kind comments on my treasured wooden purse
Hugs Cecilia
No barriers or complete fences; I guess you get what you get if you don't heed the warnings. I'd stay home and brush Precious, anyway.
oh em cod precious….246 milez iz a helluva long ride…๐๐‼️ itza wunder her had de strengthz two even givez ewe bruzh innz. de flutter byez total lee kewl….sew much for my guezz bout how manee wood hatch thiz yeer ‼️de rock wood look grate in yur garden…..may bee lynn N dad can bringz it home…..never mind that signage ‼️‼️๐ธ๐พ๐
I wonder what they mean by impact area Lynn. Yes I can see those pink veins - very beautiful. Willie would love pink sandstone in his backyard I am sure.
That is a long ride you went on & I am pleased you got it in before the heat set in. When I see you brushing dear Precious then I am reminded that I need to buy a cat fur brush for Pippi. I am thinking she might enjoy this - not sure, probably will waste my money.
I am always in awe of the way you keep & hatch the butterflies Lynn - well done.
Pouring down here today but not quite so cold. Our new firewood is slightly damp so its taking longer to get heat in the house. The Mr (of course) declares it is not damp!! Happy weekend to you both. x0x
Your mom lives on the edge, Precious!
That does look like an old barn. Beautiful blooms on your mom's ride. Brody sends his love. XO
Me encanta el gatito y las flores. La mariposa impacta por si belleza. Es genial. Saludos desde Bitรกcora literaria Espaรฑa
That is a very unusual structure. It's the shape of a barn but all those windows make it look more like a factory!
I LOVE your Mom's rides when she takes one. Never fails to be very interesting to me. This one as well. And a beautiful butterfly too. Riches, to me snd Mom.
It looks like plenty goes on to stay occupied. I'm so glad the butterflies hatched.
What lovely photos - especially the beautiful flutterby!
The butterfly is so pretty. I love butterflies.
I enjoyed your pictures.
Your mom sure saw very interesting sights on her bike ride! And kudos in helping the monarchs. We see them here once in a while, but never the eggs or caterpillars. We need to go and look at some of the nearby milkweed patches...or grow our own!
That Wile E. Coyote sign cracked me up, definitely not what you expect to see on a bike trail! The pink sandstone history is neat, and congrats on successfully raising those monarchs all the way from eggs to flying. Tell Precious brunch was well-earned!
Hmmmm, ACME sure were there!!! MOL Loved today's post Precious, flowers, flutterby update, scenic views, a meautiful little tour of your part of the world... EPIC!!!! ๐ป✨๐พ✨๐ป
Whoa. What a sign for your mom to see on her bike ride, beautiful Precious! We have seen some of those barns upstate here in CT. Thank you for raising those beautiful monarchs. We bet they appreciated the help.
Post a Comment