Friday, June 16, 2023

Wall Eyed

 "Lynn lets me go out onto the patio as much as I want. Except

for the following conditions:  too hot, too noisy outside, too wet,  too cold or if she is too busy."

                                               We did get 2 1/2 inches of much needed rain.


"She mostly stays inside at the kitchen sink or
if she has time for a read, in her comfy inside chair.
 

"She operates on the "I've got one eye on you"
program."


"You might be acquainted with the famous and
 furry handsome cowboy actor, Jack Elam.
He was furry wall eyed.  So you see, Lynn must
be wall eyed too as she keeps one on me and one
on something else."

Precious, now that you have told the world how
beautiful I must be, I am not sure if you can go
back outside or not!




Our first baby of the year!  A white tail deer fawn.
Probably 2 or 3 weeks old.  Mom leaves them in the
thick brush around our house and they soon start
moseying about. 






He made it clear 'round the house and into one
of my front flower beds.  They are only nursing now, so
the only damage they can do is with their hooves. 
And it is a boy only because looking right down onto
his tiny head, I can see his buttons!  The good thing is,
he can not have fawns himself, lol.  I like seeing more
bucks than does.  


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.





19 comments:

  1. We're just having thirty days of intense sunshine and heat,
    hopefully rain tomorrow, thunder etc on Sunday...
    I've Virginia Creeper out front to see to, it's been a bit to
    hot to get out there...though later l may be able to tackle
    it from the inside bedroom and spare room...at least l'll
    be in the shade..!

    The little deer looks lovely, all l get around my home
    are hedgehogs, grunting and the males fighting over
    the females...By the way Precious..do you know how
    hedgehogs mate...??? HeHe! Very carefully...!!! :O).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope the creeper is not coming into the house!

      Delete
    2. No! But! Some years ago, it grew up over the
      roof, under the guttering and slates into the
      loft...not a lot...but had to get someone who
      will climb a ladder, unlike me, to clear it...!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful little fawn. Precious, Lynn is looking after you - don't be rude, now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute little one and how fun to have things like that to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious, moms always have at least one eye out, even human cat moms. I'm glad you're enjoying your catio!

    That fawn is absolutely precious, no pun intended. I'd have been over the moon with excitement, were I there to see him. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would just be so excited and so would mom to see that beautiful fawn. He is so precious and small and perfect. I know my mom smiled when she saw that you said your mm keeps one eye open on you. You know it. If I was outside Mom would float over me kill a hot air balloon! I heard mom thinking (we can do that!) that she has seen Jack Elam a zillion times. He was in everything! I think she said he usually played villains, but sometimes, rarely, a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its always nice when your furrends come around to bisit yoo

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good that your mum keeps a watch on you, Precious - and I doubt that she looks like Jack Elam! I have seen him in numerous movies, and he's unique. Your mum just has a special power that is SIMILAR to Mr Elam's eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our Tripod SissyCat gets to go on the porch, and she doesn't leave. She was feral for years and knows a good place when she has it, so she just sleeps in the sun.

    Your human mama isn't wall-eyed, she has eyes in the back of her head like all mothers. That's all.

    You get to see fawns! It's gotten too densely populated here for that.

    Thank you for joining Feline Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mums don't miss a thing, Precious! That fawn is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet little baby. ANd of course, you are beautiful too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think its wonderful that Mum lets you go out for some fresh air Precious ... & that she keeps one eye on you. How amazing to have those deer come right into the garden. I am going to show your Post to The Mr as he used to hunt deer & I am sure he would think it was great that they came right up to the house ... mind you I am sure the bigger ones would eat the garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Conditions aside, it's wonderful that you get to go outside and enjoy the fresh air, Precious. That sure is one adorable little fawn that visits you and sniffs around!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a dear little fawn!
    Precious, you are furry lucky you even have a patio to go out in. We have to make do with sitting by the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That fawn is clearly being a bit naughty, wandering around like that. We hope he will stay safe!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  15. We had lots of storms this past week which prevented me from enjoying my catio. But I did see a baby deer from my cat apartment. Very cute and smol. Of course his Momma was watching over him so he didn't get to run around free. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...