Friday, June 3, 2022

What a Spring we've had

 "Lynn, did you really see these giant frogs? For sale!? I thought

you said frogs were small and fun to watch."


Early in May I had to drive to one of the large cities 50 miles from here.
Business, otherwise I try not to have to go too often.



Years ago when I lived quite close to this plant nursery, I would buy
my seeds and bulbs and plants from them.



Back then the huge 2 story barn store was mostly where they kept
the large sacks and boxes of fertilizers, seeds and insecticides.
To keep them dry.
I had not been in the barn for a few years, and it was a cold wet
(when has it not been cold and wet this Spring) day.
I was so amazed by the array of fun yard ornaments and home
decorations they now offer.


After a fun walk through here.  I then went for a quick damp run
past the thousands of blooming annuals and perennials for sale 
outside.  I contained myself and did not purchase anything.
Just enjoyed the walk about and hope for better weather.


"I am grateful you did not kiss one of those huge
frogs and turn it into a cat to bring home. 
That's how the story goes in my world.
It would have been as big as a lion."

By the way, Precious, thank you for hocking up those
2 large furballs directly onto you lovely expensive
blue bag.  Only wish I could share the process with the
cable company.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.



15 comments:

  1. The last pussy~cat l had..George..used to like
    playing with frogs..!
    I have a pond at the top of my garden, out the
    back, and he used to pick one up..walk down
    the path with it in his mouth, holding it by the leg,
    then place it on the patio, and poke it with his paw
    to make it jump..he then got bored with it, so l had
    to pick it up, and take it back to the pond..! :)
    He never did them any harm, just wanted to play
    with one for a while..! :O).

    The plant nursery, looks very nice..very posh..!
    I must sort out the rest of my hanging baskets
    this weekend..l'm having a job finding hanging
    Lobilia..hopefully find some tomorrow! :).
    🌷🌸🌷 🌷🌸🌷 🌷🌸🌷 🌷🌸🌷 🌷🌸🌷

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you could instantly fly here and back you'd find a Lobilia to take home, Willie. I think George was one smart kitty.

      Delete
  2. I love to shop and window shop, so really would have enjoyed rambling around that place! The frogs are cute!

    Precious, good job throwing up on the bag and not on the carpet! That doesn't happen in this house. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, that big frog must be Kermits cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Garden centers are fun to shop in. Precious is a cutie. Hacking on a bag is better than in your shoe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Garden Centre looks amazing Lynn!! What wonderful garden arts & crafts they stock. I love places like that. Hello to Precious - enjoy your weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom LOVES going to those places and she admires YOUR mom for resisting buying! She has an awful time with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you got my comment, Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like that two story barn underwent quite the transformation, Lynn. And dear Precious- don't let a few furball yacks getcha down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy looking through a great array of things to buy; books are my preference, but this would be fun, too. You are lucky to have a wet spring, even if it has to be cold, too. Ours has been dry and cool; we need the rain. And Precious sounds like she has my Renn's aim: his is usually on the bedspread...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Wow! Look at those frogs! Our Mom loves frogs! We have TONS of tree frogs this year. Our cold wet spring is exactly what they love. Thanks for your email. We have posted today, Mom has been busy with other things and we have been grossly neglected. As a matter of fact, we are sending her out for litter, food and treats as we are low on all 3! Sending you purrs and head bonks (and your peep too)! Marv and Jo Jo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hallo, nice to meet you!
    That looks like a really fun shop!
    And We agree about the giant frog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The barn looks like a really fun place to browse. Garden shops like that are always a great. I stopped by a local garden center after church today to pick up a couple of 4 packs of impatiens. They have a garden decor section that is just gorgeous. However, the prices are sky high, and honestly, I never see anyone checking out with any of that particular merchandise. It sure is fun to look at all of it, though. Have a great new week, Lynn and Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a cool garden shop! We don't have any near us and it looks like Mom won't be walking the isles of any in the big city soon. She has been having hip problems (too much sitting in front of the computer) and has not even been walking Cinnamon as much as normal. Cinnie says that is OK. It has been raining a lot! We are glsd you chose the bag! Kozmo likes to hork up his hairballs on the carpet...I prefer Mom's slippers Purrs Marv

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...