Friday, June 10, 2022

Fat Lip

 "Lynn, I ain't comin' out and give you a sniff and a kiss til you get some kinda lip-lippo.  Whad ya run into, a Mack truck?"



No truck involved Precious, just a flying stinging
venomous insect.
I've been stung many times over my long life by
bees, wood bores, yellow jackets and ground hornets.
But never on my lip!
I was starting out on a nice quiet cool morning bike ride.
It was about 2 miles out when I collided with this insect,
at my speed of 12 mile an hour and whatever he was buzzing at.
Let me tell you, when we met he sank that stinger right into
my top lip. And started pumping venom over and over.
I wanted to scream un-lady like words, but was afraid to
open my mouth. And it was instantly starting to hurt like heck.
Here I was trying to grab the bike breaks and put my feet down
without wrecking all the while.  Seconds later I then tried
deciding if I should just slap the thing off, swipe it softly or what.
I smacked and hoped it would not sting my hand, but it was so
glad to be off me it flew off I guess.
I finished my 20 mile ride, while swelling up and hurting
too much to smile at anyone or speak.
No one got a good look at me until I got home, thank goodness.


"You can try to pull that story off with humans,
but I think you went for lip inserts gone bad."


On a more pleasant note, here are photos of Giant Angelica
along the bike path.


These plants are native and grow 3 to 4 feet tall.
And the blossoms are similar in look to the tiny
(by comparison) Queen Anne's Lace.
But you can see the difference immediately.
The bee may have been headed here if I had
not interfered with it's flight.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.





14 comments:

  1. Oh! Precious...Poor Mum..It's a good job she had
    her mouth shut..HeHe! Joke there somewhere..! :).
    I expect that was very painful, and could have been
    dangerous..! :(.

    And look... An Angelica plant...The root, seed, and fruit
    are used to make medicine...
    Angelica is used for heartburn, intestinal gas, loss of
    appetite, arthritis, circulation problems, nervousness,
    plague, and trouble sleeping...(nothing about Bee stings).
    And you can eat the leaves..cooked..when there young..!
    And you can put the flowers in salads..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youccchhhh! Right on the lip? My goodness, that surely must've hurt like (insert un-lady like word here)! Hope the swelling went down and your lip's feeling better, Lynn. Say, that un-lady like wordage must be a popular thing 'cause I hear it tumbling out of dad's mouth all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, yuck and ouch!! I hope you heal quickly. A close up of your lips would have been fun to see though. Haha. (Sorry...kind of.) Honestly, I see actors with lip injections gone wrong (IMO) and it's like the scene of an accident: awful but you can't look away. LOL. You need a face shield for your helmet!

    Anyway, I hope that doesn't happen again. I love that second pic of Precious, btw, where she's looking at you. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that had to hurt so much, but I'm glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch on the bee- that sounds awful. I thought those were Queen Anne's lace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no. Can there be a much more senstive spot to be stung? I hope the anti-bodies take care of that quickly and effectively. Ouch...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ir could have been much worse , becasue a sting close to the mucous membranes (like in your mouth or nose) gets the venom through your body much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Lynn, I am so sorry about the bee sting. That must have hurt like crazy. I'm surprised you could finish the 20 mile ride. Precious, you needd to come out and give Lynn a big snuggle or curl up in her lap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sounds PAINFUL! I hope you have something to take down the swelling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh LYNN! How horrible! Your lip! Precious, give her a break. You can sniff and kiss her cheek until she gets better. She needs some of your specia lovins. XXOO to you-to speed you on your way to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh Lynn ... what a horrid experience for you. I hope the swelling is starting to come down now & its much better. Precious looks all concerned there ... not sure what to think of Mum!!! So sorry this happened on your bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We hope you're okay...think we saw a comment you left on another blog that you had been without power? Anyway, as long as you all are safe, fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your poor Peep! I hear that Kitty Kisses and Head Bonks heal up bee stings on the lip really fast! (Tee Hee). We have Giant Hogwort around here (which looks like Giant Angelica) except it has hairy stems and and can cause rashes if you touch them...Good thing that was an Agelica that you guys have or your peep would have a rash on her fingers too! Sending your Peep healing purrs and kitty kisses to you Precious! Purrs Marv (Jo Jo and Kozmo and Cinnamon say Hi! too)

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...