Friday, May 20, 2022

Talk about Hills!

"Lynn, you deserted me!  You are lucky I am a forgiving kitty."



Above is the Cleveland skyline and a bit of Lake Erie.
All of these photos were taken while having a bike ride up north.
I had no idea Cleveland was steep and hilly.  I did a good job
of riding my bike up all the hills headed north and 1/2 of
them headed south.  However, I admit I did have to walk a few
on the return.


Me.
My bike path here, which is a section of where I was,
is flat.  So I do not have the legs for much hill climbing.



This is a 640 foot long Great Lakes ship that hauls ore, gravel,
sand in and out of port.  It was incredible to be feet away and
watch it manueaver the narrow and extremely curvy Cuyahoga
River. 




This is a Russian Orthodox Cathedral.  I love the spires, all
copper turned blue and so ornate in style.

I had planned on spending the night after biking the inter urban
32 mile round trip in Cleveland so I could then go south on the
Cuyahoga National Park tow path along the old Erie Canal.
However as the day got up to 90 degrees on the paved trail
through homes, and industrial areas and the river route,
by 4 PM and back to the car, I decided to come home instead.

So Precious was not home alone for the night, which in 9 1/2 years
I have never let her be.  She even gave me late leg time, 6:30 PM
instead of 5:30!



"You ever try to pull a stunt like that again, Lynn, and you
will find out how sharp my claws are fur sure."


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.





 

11 comments:

  1. What a great outing! OMC, I'm so out of shape I'm not sure I could manage that distance even if the journey was flat. LOL. Good for you! Thanks for sharing the pics; I always love seeing travel photos, even if the travelling isn't too far. :-)

    Precious, you're tough on your human servant...Derry says that's as it should be. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Precious, of course, not to be left alone ... happy to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Precious won't have to think on me leaving her home again. I have no more plans on that note, mol.

      Delete
  3. You give her the what's what, Precious! My, what a fabulous outing that sounds like. You're lucky to have such a great place for bike riding. Out here it's not too bike-friendly right near us. I must say, that is awesome how a ship that large can maneuver its way through such narrow waters. You two have a splendiferous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That had to be a tiring journey, especially with the hills - and all Precious knew of it was that you were an hour late (and that would probably be the most important thing to her, anyway, even if she knew.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness ! Yes, Northern Ohio has some VERY hilly areas.(The Hinckley Reservation of the Cleveland Metro Parks is a good example.) Glad you adapted and still had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are wonderful Lynn ... what an amazing place. And that ship looks huge going down that canal. You seem to have some really great rides in your area. I can just imagine how Precious would have been so pleased that you came home at the end of the day - they like their usual routines. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved every word! And every picture. One of my favorite plumbers comes from there and talks about it a lot including the lake. (when he isn;t talking about Cincinnati) Seeing where it comes up so close just makes some of his stories vivied in my mind. Loved meeting you too. Any friend of Precious is a friend of mine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing view ;D!
    Pozdrawiam!
    Mój blog: Wildfiret

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...