Friday, April 1, 2022

Girl's Weekend

 "I love our girl time alone, Lynn. You know I am just a one

person kitty."



Precious and I have just had a lovely six day
staycation.  Only us girls. 

Precious is or has lots of Russian Blue in her,
and one strong chararistic of a Blue is they choose
the one and only person they want and all else are
not wanted or necessary in their mind.

I am grateful she chose me, but it does make living
with her a challenge day to day with my husband.

She lets him feed her breakfast and give her 
ear rubbin's and belly rubbin's every day at 
5:30 AM.  Any time after that she is out of sight
and hands off except for me.




So these past 6 days I have had the pleasure of Precious'
company many daylight hours.  
I also had the fun of borrowing this crazy movie from
the library.


Precious and I had a couple hours together
having a great laugh at these antics. 

"I found out Lynn got rid of my unwanted toys.
But she let me lie on her coat on the floor for hours."





Now, on a human note.  Am I the only person left
who enjoys handwriting (poorly) letters to friends and 
family on real stationary?  I mean the pretty and colorful
kind.  I have used all my old and I find nothing in the
big box stores.  Is texting and email the only method
left as an option,  or using lined school paper?
Shows I am getting too old for the modern world.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.



10 comments:

  1. I'm still watching 'Are You Being Served'
    from Mon~Frid..at 6pm..HeHe! And Mrs Slocombe
    is 'STILL' having problems with her pussy..! :O).
    One of the best sit~coms ever on TV..! :).

    AND..Writing letters by hand is still the best
    way, more personal than an e~mail..people always
    know it's me writing, because of ALL the spelling
    mistakes..HeHe! :O).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, Precious...toys or a comfy coat? Tough choice! At least the toys were ones you have no interest in. :-)

    I lost the ability to write decently years ago, I half-print, half-scrawl. I like to send cards, real cards, but don't send letters anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I send a few letters still...but like Kim above me here, my handwriting is deteriorated from lack of use. I think peope may have a hard time reading at east half if it. Just think.... the past 10 years the schools no longer teach cursive handwriting to kids. THAT is a tragedy. I enjoyed Are You Being Served on TV a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i muss be a russhun bloo cuz mum iz my 1 and onlee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Precious I am pleased to see your beautiful blue bowl with the kitty face on it & I see your Mum has a lovely cat mat for your dishes too. I used to love that programme "Are You Being Served" when it was on TV - gosh that was some years ago now.
    Yes I love sending handwritten letters on nice paper too. I would have a look online Lynn - some of the boutique stationery shops will probably sell it but it will also be expensive. Happy Weekend to you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You might have to visit a real stationery shop for real paper, or even - on the other end oif the spectrum - one of those dollar-srores. They might have it.

    Some cats will be a one-person cat. Some won't even tolerate what Precious lets your husband do, so he's lucky! Precious is a good and considerate girlcat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, you know- you find something good, you stick with it, er, her. Here, I pretty much split my love more or less equally between mom and dad. They both have differing ways to offer, and I gladly accept/take advantage of both. Dad says he occasionally thinks of the long-lost art of letter writing, and now and then pens a page or two to his grandchildren. Email, however, is indeed his first choice. Have a great week, ladies, and hopefully you'll get some decent weather out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious has such a beautiful coat. I do like to write letters when I have the time. I think it's truly a lost art. Etsy sells stationery, and you can sometimes find it at Wal-mart. xx

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...