Friday, November 26, 2021

3 Birthdays

 "Me first, me first, please Lynn."



I'll let folks know what we are celebrating, but you
are the youngest, so your story goes last. Sorry.

November is time for me to celebrate birthdays for my sweet
Seney, and Precious. And my own, not that there is ever any
celebrating on that one anymore.
 
Seney was born almost 40 years to the day after me. I always
enjoyed knowing we were such an even number of years apart.
I was born in 1952, so I am now 69. Don't even know how that
happened. Lets just skip me and get on to the good stuff.




Seney was born 1992, and she lived a little past her 20th
birthday.  I've never had a cat live so long. I still am amazed
by this. She was 11 weeks old when I picked her up. 
She came home with me in the dead of winter and
slept on my pillow that night. She continued that for the rest
of her life.  I fell asleep (or not) to the pull of her toes in my
hair and the sound of her loud purr.

Precious was born in the fall of 2011, and the orphanage
really doesn't know just when, so I figured why not just
make her birth month celebration November!  She is now
10 years old one way or another. Close enough in cat years.

"So, Lynn,  I still have another 10 years to go, right?
But I only sleep at the foot of the bed or anywhere else
in the house I like. Your pillow is not big enough for the 
two of us."


So another year just escapes me and I cannot
figure out where time goes.  Or does it actually
not go anywhere?


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.



12 comments:

  1. Lynn...thank you for showing us tour sweet Seney. Certainly Precious, but it's good to see another beloved member of the family. What a beautiful girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to you, Precious and Seney! (Seney reminds me a bit of my "angel" Chumley.)

    I think birthdays are a reason to celebrate, even if quietly and alone. I have a friend, now retired, who always took the week of her birthday off. She'd treat herself to the spa, shopping, etc. I don't take a week off, but I do take my birthday off, and sometimes a day or two around it, depending on the forecast (we usually have snow, rain and mud in early April).

    Another friend always made her "new year's" resolutions on her birthday, because that's the start of a new year of one's life. I like that idea too!

    Whether you celebrate or not, I hope this next year brings good health and joy for you and for Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post Lynn. First of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY ... well to you all really. Yes I am 61 & I don't know where those years went either!! Gosh what a lucky girl Seney was when she got to come & live with you. 20 years is amazing for a cat! My last one did 16 1/2 & I thought that was great.
    And Yes dear Precious we won't forget you. Happy Birthday sweet girl ... I have one sleeps on the pillow & one curled into the curve of my back. Hence some of us furry friends have lovely restful sleeps & the two legged one has hardly any good sleep at all!!! Have a great weekend Lynn xxxx 🖤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to everyone there! I envy you that you had Seney for twenty years. And she loved you right away, sleeping on your pillow that first night. And I think Precious is right: she has another half-a-lifetime to go. I’ve no doubt she is just as happy as Seney was - though with her own way of showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to 3 lovely ladies! Lynn, our Mom will turn 68 at Christmas! How wonderful to have cat like Seney! She was a beauty and sounds like she was a purrfect princess. Precious, you are glorious and you are the same age as Jo Jo! She was born in July sometime, As we did NOT celebrate her birthday this summer, she is now telling me that we should throw a princess pawty for Precious and her, Kozmo thinks it would be a great idea, now we just have to convince Mom. Now we shall sing you the song!
    ¸¸.•*♫♫♫ Happy Birthday Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Day to you♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Day deeeeeeeeerr  Preicious, Seney and Lynn!!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸
    ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Day to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Precious and Lynn,
      Mom has lost your email! We have a photo of you and me (Jo Jo) at your Princess Birthday Pawty at our house and Birthday Pawtrait of Precious that I would LOVE to send you. Both pictures will be on our blog tomorrow!
      Hed Bonks you furrend Jo Jo

      Delete
  6. Awww, Happy Birthday times 3! Time does fly by, doesn't it? Kinda makes one wonder where it goes. Old Orbit made it to about 22, and I'm working on beating him. Angel Seney is beautiful, Precious- you are, well, precious, and Lynn, you are blessed. Happy Sunday, ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear! All the best to you and your cats! I don't know when my cats have birthdays. I don't even know what month. Baby - I found her when she was little. She was sitting on the roof of the barn and I was tempting her with a ham to come over to me :) Mariola was already an adult when I took her in.
    All the best again, honey!
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! 20 years is, indeed, a long life for a cat. How wonderful. Happy belated birthday. I still like to celebrate my birthday in some fashion or another. Even if it's just by myself with a pint of non-dairy frozen dessert. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Precious! You are a beauty. XO

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...