Friday, October 1, 2021

Vacuum

 "Lynn, don't tell folks I sprinkle furs all over the house."



Well folks, the first day of Fall, Sept. 22, was a cold wet
wash out.  Therefore, no exercise of any kind outside.  We needed
the rain and glad to get it, but for 3 days straight, and very cold
weather, one day it was only 52 F for a high.

So what to do besides read and cook and be bored?
I decided to start my fall house cleaning.  Oh, I do all
the regular stuff like bathroom, and dusting and vinyl
flooring regularly.

But there is the vacuum. I hate doing it and Precious definitely
hates the sound. So I am very very lax about this chore.

 I get disgusted myself, but not to the point I jump up
and plug the dreaded monster in and use it.

But I did the whole house that first wet day.  Glad to have it 
finished and now enjoy the thought of furless and dirtless
carpet.

Then there is the matter of all Precious' 5 high altitude bedding. 
Oh my, when I took the mini ladder into the clothes closet,
climbed up and looked, I thought I had discovered some kind
of very flat grey animal.  I took down the towels and put
them in the dryer first to remove most of the fur before washing
 and then back in the dryer.  Then the Carhart Insulated overalls. 
Good gravy, it was no longer brown, just dark grey.  I used wet hands
to try to get off giant gobs of fur.

I had enough fur to knit a sock when I finished with her 5 beds
and emptied the lint trap in the dryer. But she'll go up there soon
as she recovers from the disturbance and put it all back the way
she likes, furry.  But I always am glad the fur is not in her
tummy to spit up later.  That's another mess to clean.


"Quiet on the set, Lynn. This actress is trying to 
learn her lines and the vacuum is ruining the 
atmosphere."

Actually, she is under the bed when I do the living area, and
I do the bedroom when she is in the living area.  Have to 
alternate door closings to cut the sound.

I just read a disturbing article put out by the Better
Business Bureau, about leasing a pet! I can not imagine
the poor pet being borrowed for a couple years at a huge
price tag and then returned as an adult. To what life then?
Sometimes, I just do not like humans, sorry if I offend.

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.



17 comments:

  1. Vacuum..or the J.Edgar as l call it..
    Are you supposed to plug it in then..?
    Ah! That's where l'm going wrong...Plug
    it in Willie..No wonder it does'nt make
    a noise! HeHe! :)

    As far as cleaning is concerned, l have
    no set pattern..one day l do one thing,
    another day l do another, pace my self
    out, and my house work..I'm quite
    obsessed with being clean..use a lot of
    bleach to..!

    Leasing pets..NO! I don't think so...
    Mind you..I always think John is amazing,
    to foster pussy~cats..something l could'nt
    do..l'd hate to part with a cat, once l got
    it...I'm just a bit sentimental really! :)

    Precious..tell Mum to post a photo after
    she's finished the socks..! :O).
    😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am as fast with a pair of knitting needles as I am with a vacuum. No socks here.

      Delete
  2. Vacuuming is the only cleaning chore I actually "enjoy," though I admit that I like it less now than I used to when I was younger. LOL. But I'd rather vacuum 2x per week than dust once a month. I switched to a stick vac (Shark, LOVE them, awesome suction power) and find it much easier to move around than my much heavier Shark upright.

    Anyway, your ambitious cleaning just means that Precious has to work extra-hard to fur everything up again. :-)

    As for humans...I dislike our species in general, we're a blight on Mother Earth, IMO, so the idea of "leasing" a pet is, frankly, abhorrent. If you want a "disposable" pet, buy a stuffed toy animal or a robotic "pet" for heavens sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did recently get a Eureka Flash stick vacuum. I do like it it makes it easier to do the basement stairs and under the bed. So maybe I will do that part of the house a little more often, LOL.

      Delete
    2. boy, you said a great mouthful there Kim!

      Delete
    3. PeeEss: I love vacuuming. I get to see the carpet looking groomed (until tiny paw prints obliterate that).

      Delete
  3. a few weeks ago da mum cleaned my cat bed dat izin a dresser drawer, she cleaned it by hand then had to vac yoom it too, it was full of 3 yeerz ov mu hare

    ReplyDelete
  4. a few weeks ago da mum cleaned my cat bed dat izin a dresser drawer, she cleaned it by hand then had to vac yoom it too, it was full of 3 yeerz ov mu hare

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do not offend me Lynn .. I totally agree regarding the Leasing of the Pets. How dreadful!! Both my furry two disappear outside when I get the vacuum cleaner out - unfortunately with fires & firewood being carted inside I have to do it quite frequently during winter. Wishing you both a great weekend Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a wood-burning stove many years ago. I remember the warmth but I also remember the dirt. My husband remembers the hard work and we're both glad to have gas heat nowadays.

      Delete
  6. Hi Precious! (Marv waves wildly) Mom says that with the 3 cats and Cinnamon (who is a walking hair shedder) she vacuums up enough fur to knit a new kitten every week! She says she is looking forward to ripping out the carpet and laying down new flooring, but that probably wont happen until next summer. We have entered your name in the drawing for Caturday's draw for the digital art! Don't forget to come back tomorrow as Sunday is a whole new draw. Kitty Kisses, Marv

    ReplyDelete
  7. A damp rubber glove is what I use to roll up the fur on cat-trees. I do it during my big cleaning on my holidays; the cat-trees look new - for a few days...

    And 'leasing' a pet? How horrible for the animal. He wouldn't be a pet, he'd be a convenience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great comic relief post!!! I NEED to get out my vacuum. Have a wonderful week, and thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog. ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, leasing a pet??? I do agree with you on that. You're a good storyteller, Lynn. And, of course, you have a great subject for your writing. Enjoy this season. We're experiencing daytime highs around 70 degrees and lows in the 40's. Typical for October here. But soon we'll get that first frost and then I'll kick on the furnace. I hold off as long as I can. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Precious, when will stupid humans ever learn that having a pet and having a fur-covered home go hand in hand? Mom and dad learned eons ago to just accept it. Mom does all the vacuuming here, but they both know that fur-covered everything is part of life and they wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete

Same old, same old

  "Lynn said I have control of the blog today.  I am using voice command with cat language interpret to hooman as I have no thumbs.&quo...