Friday, September 10, 2021

Share the Trail

"What are you saying, Lynn! You visit with cats besides me?" 





I thought I'd share some photos of a few cats I have
shared the Rail Trail with this year.
The one above was on a path I accessed by driving about
40 miles to get to the parking area.  A trail that only goes
from one village to another one, no interconnecting with
long paths.  I did 35 miles round trip that day.

I thought this fellow had quite lovely grey markings and he
or she, was very friendly.  I don't think a feral cat, as I
was at a tiny village in the middle  of the trail and close
to a Christmas tree farm.


This ginger boy is still gainfully employed at the grain elevator.
I met him one time only last year and once again this year.
I believe he gets very little time off work to visit with
bikers. But is he ever a talker!  I think he was complaining
about lack of pay and an overload of work.


This young cat was acting as crossing guard for me
to bike through the intersection.. Once again, close
to a farm and I stopped to recommend it find a more
suitable job.




And this kitty lives at a hobby farm. Not exclusive kind, just ordinary folks
with full size horse, mini horse, llama, 3 or 4 cows, goofy looking geese
and ducks, a couple dogs and a few cats.  I only ever see this one sitting at
the door waiting for someone or something to happen.  It reminds me
totally of Precious, you know you see it too.  Pudgy and all grey.





"Lynn, we grey kitties have a reputation to maintain.  And a body
to go with the rep!"


And the tree destruction is underway.





Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment. 
It is much appreciated.





7 comments:

  1. How lovely to meet the cats, I hope they'll all stay safe roaming like that.

    I'm sorry about the tree destruction. I think I'd cry, seeing that. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your peep met a ton of cats! Thanks for coming over and hanging with us! And now we know where Jo Jo disappears to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visitando otros gatos? se va a poner celoso, jajajaja. Muy buenas fotos, son todos adorables.
    bsss

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing the cats on your way. So glad you took a moment to chat with them...inquire as to their health and well being and occupations. AND I hate destruction of trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh such a variety of different cats Lynn - all of them in different "employment" I see. Yes that last one does look alot like Precious in the shape department - sorry Precious! I don't like to see thin scrawny cats anyway - I always feel like giving them a good feed. Have a great weekend both of You. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking out for cats on my bicycle rides. That youngster looked a bit thin. I worry about outsider-cats, and I'm glad Precious isn't one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Pudgy and all gray" actually translates to "Loving Life-Size & The Most Gorgeous Shade of Charcoal Ever".

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...