Friday, September 3, 2021

Fountain of Dog Youth

 "Lynn, I thought we were all done with puppies by now."





I did take a picture last summer of the dog fountain in my
big little city.  But I also wanted to share an artists' painting
of the same on the local small town pet store.



Who ever their artist painter is, I do believe them to be very
talented.  I have seen other art on the store windows, but
this one is special as it is modeled after downtown fountain.

Of course, it is not complete as they left off the cat and the
blue birds at the top.  So I guess the artist is canine breed.


"A picture of me ought to fix that problem, Lynn.
Don't just show off my ear."

And here's Precious' ear as she watches a 
yellow Tiger Swallowtail on a spindly
zinnia on the patio. The butterfly is just below
the orange flower on the right of the photo.



Sadly Hurricane Ida was devastating.  I live 1200 miles north of
Gulf of Mexico, and the storm was so huge we received 1 1/2 inches
of rain from it up here.
 
For me, it has brought in a cool spell, for the deep South, it
has ruined lives and homes. 



Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.







11 comments:

  1. I do love fountains..HeHe! I've even
    been in quite a few over the years..
    THAT..Your 'not' supposed to, still,
    there is'nt a policeman in the world
    that will get in one, fully clothed
    to arrest you..! :O).
    Threvi fountain in Rome was the best
    one..but then..people are always getting
    into that one..! :).

    Hurricane Ida has been on the news on and
    off for days now..Saying..
    Hurricane Ida is the second most damaging
    hurricane to strike the U.S. state of
    Louisiana on record..! It's all been quite
    devastating..And at least 46 dead..! :(.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dear!
    What a sensational fountain! I would like to see it live, it's great: D Great idea! Same as this picture. he is a very talented man. I wish you good weather! Hurricanes rarely occur in Poland.
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that unique fountain, and the artist's rendering is sweet. Your zinnias are pretty. I planted some zinnia seeds from the Dollar Tree and only three came up. Then "something" ate one of them, so I have two lanky zinnias now. LOL It's okay. It's always fun to see what happens when one plants seeds. Would love to see a Swallowtail here. Blessings. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The painting is a very good likeness. I admire people who can make art that re-creates life - though no one could re-create Precious; she’s one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Guys! (Marv waves wildly) What a terrific fountain! Mom would LOVE to see it up close and personal. We are so furry happy that you guys were not affected too badly by Ida! We have been purraying for everyone. Precious! We are glad that you asked for a photo (and not just your ear, even though the butterfly is gorgeous) We LOVE seeing you in the furs! Thanks for visiting us we always enjoy your comments! And we hope you have a marvellously happy week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precious is going to be on the blog with Marv tomorrow. I would LOVE to send you the images. Please send me an email, so that I can add them to your reply! Marv's Mom. Marv's email is nellieontheedge@gmial.com

      Delete
  6. The fountain is beautiful Lynn & the artists impression is a very good one. I do love seeing photos of dear Precious - she always looks most unimpressed with the camera. Your zinnias look so pretty - you sure can grow them wonderfully where you live .. I don't seem to be able to here. Have a great weekend Lynn & Precious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, Precious I LOVED the fountain, and zinnias are a favorite of mine as well as the butterfly! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Que fuente más chula y tu gato siempre igual de guapo
    bssss

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet fountain and we agree that the painting is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...