Friday, August 27, 2021

The starting point of the ride

 "Is that train just my size?  I could go AmTrack, you know."



I like to ride a few Rail-Trails that are not part of the
larger Ohio to Erie 320 miles.  These trails only go from
one village to another, maybe 20 to 40 miles with no
connection to others.  I only ride the ones in Ohio that
are within 1 hour car drive. Can't waste ride time with
drive time, you know.

This one starts in a college town and goes 13 miles north to
a farming town. Or it used to be farming. Now is it is turning
into overflow for Columbus, Ohio, 40 miles south west.

But the rail trail is scenic and seldom used by any others than
the locals.  I like this as traffic is light to non-existent.  I see lots 
of wild life and trees in a deeply shadowed area. Some farm land
and Christmas tree farm along the way.






"Let me know when you are coming home.  I'll get in a good nap
and be ready for my snack and early dinner.  I think I'll pass
on the train ride after all." 

I did this ride a few weeks ago.  Currently it is extremely hot
and humid and I've been doing early morning rides and getting
home by 9:30 am, bushed and over heated. Going to be like
this another week at least.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.







10 comments:

WILLIE...! =(^..^)= said...

That's a nice cute looking train Precious!x
About half hours drive from me, on the coast,
there is is a park, and small train that goes
around a very large lake, it's just for fun,
and for kids really! I used to take my daughter
on it, when she was smaller! :).

I love those old steam trains, much nicer looking
than the new ones of to~day, they ALL look the
same, and no character..just built for speed..! :(.
Fortunately over here, a lot of restoration has
been done on the old steam trains, and there
making a come back..! :O).

So there you go Precious....Oh!
What did the train driver say to the lady
who wanted to know how long the next train
would be and if it would run on time?
Same as usual madam; it has four carriages
and it will run on rails...! :O)

Lynn and Precious said...

Willie, I left the train joke thanks.

Kea said...

That's a cute train. :-)

Biking through quite countryside sounds perfect to me, though as you noted, that's becoming scarcer and scarcer now, with creeping development. It would take me forever to bike, though, because I'd be puttering along stopping to take hundreds of pics every time. LOL.

Happy weekend to you both...Precious, we hope you got your snack and early dinner -- then maybe a snack later too! :-)

R's Rue said...

😍

Julie said...

The Rail Trails in your area sound wonderful Lynn - we only have one biking Rail Trail here & its in the South Island. Lots of my friends have been & biked it. I follow a lady on YouTube & she lives in Berlin, Ohio ... I am wondering if that is far from you. Look at sweet Precious sitting there checking over her shoulder that her treat/snack/dinner is coming. xx

Marvelous Marv said...

The Kettle River Rail Road Rail trail goes through our village. There are some spectacular scenes along the trail Alas Mom can't ride a bile anymore (head injury 20 years ago, can't balance very well). There are a few incredible trestles that were rebuilt after a bad fire in 2015. We LOVE how they are turning the old rail beds into trails! Thanks for being a frequent commenter, we LOVE your visits! Have a marvellously Happy week you guys!

Smudge said...

Well, Precious, I hope it was worth the wait for you. My wandering parents will sometimes be gone for hours on end, and often when the return I'm still sleeping where I was when they left. Lynn, it sure sounds like one cool trail to ride. Dad says he'd love to do that. Have an awesome weekend, you two.

John Bellen said...

You find such interesting routes to travel. An ideal ride would be to bicycle a long distance, then put your bike on a train and take it easy in the heat of the day back home. Ah, such dreams...

Katie Isabella said...

Lynn, I would be on that train every DAY if we only had one. What a super plus to living where you do.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Dad loves train rides! That sounds like a lot of fun but I will nap too. Oh Einie says his bald spot was hidden by judicious tail placement, MOL

Dining out

"Why do you git to dine out while I lay here starving all day long?" "I know, I know.  You went on another trip of some sort....