Friday, July 16, 2021

Handy work

 "So, is this angel baby as sweet as me, Lynn? After all

aren't I your sweetie-pie honey-bunch snookems?"



That you definitely are, Precious.
However this angel baby was just one of the projects
I brought home this Spring from the volunteer sewing store.


I took a close up picture of the price tag of what I paid, $1.50.
But I wanted to show that when this complete kit was put on the
shelf somewhere, around 1992 according to the fine print on
the package, it was priced at $6.00.
 I can honestly say in 1992, I would never have spent $6 on this
fun but simple kit.  Back then my hourly wage might have been
as much as $6 an hour before tax.  And basically I am a 
penny pincher in every aspect.


I had her finished before the "great visit" took place. 
Now to go through my stash and decide the next project.




"How about just time for me only, Lynn. You know I want 
my hair brushed."


You're next, Precious, after I show off one of our 
freshly hatched Black Swallowtail butterflies.  So called
for the tails on the lower wings.  We have 1/2 dozen different
species in Ohio, and most are predominantly black, but
one is more yellow, and one is more white.






Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment. 
It is appreciated.









12 comments:

  1. You certainly look ALL bright eyed
    and bushy tailed to~day Precious! :).

    Precious!x Did you know there are 550
    species of Swallowtail butterflies...
    they are found ALL over the world,
    except Antarctica...And...they are some
    of the largest butterflies in the world!
    And..over there in North America it is
    also known as the 'Parsnip' butterfly...!

    And..believe it or not..There is also a
    Swallow~tailed moth..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, I love butterflies so thank you for the extra information. I did not know they were around the world.

      Delete
  2. I'm not crafty or handy at all, so I'm always impressed with people's projects. The angel baby is sweet. :-)

    Precious, we hope you got lots of brushies!

    The butterfly is lovely, thanks for posting the pics. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Lynn's project and the pretty butterfly but Precious you will always be your mama's sweetie-pie honey-bunch snookems and the best photos of all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Qué ojos más bonitos tiene tu gato y... se cepilla solo? Es sorprendente! bsss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Angel Baby turned out beautiful Lynn - & yes I like to "penny pinch" too 😉😊 Is that a little brush attached to a stool leg? What a great idea ... I am guessing Precious rubs herself against it as she goes past?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, but Angel was fun to make because I do like to embroider.
      And yes the comb is attached attached to her favorite step.

      Delete
  6. That swallowtail certainly is beautiful, and Lynn's craftiness is wonderful. Now for that facial expression in your top photo, Precious- If that face doesn't say "sweetie-pie honey-bunch snookems", nothing does!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a penny-pincher, too. My wage isn't so great that I can afford not to be. On the other hand, $1.50 was three-quarters off the regular price, so that was a good deal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!!! Thanks for sharing. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. The angel is so sweet, Lynn. Nicely done. Swallowtails are one of my favorite butterflies. We had quite a few in Oregon, not so much where I am now. The downside of having a "secret" garden is that it's not out in the open where the butterflies are apt to find it. At least that's my theory on why I'm not seeing butterflies on my patio. Enjoy the rest of your week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that Angel!!! And oh to have the butterflies to see as they form and when they hatch! I would love that experience. And Precious...you're pretty much always first...you know that. I need MY brushies today too.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...