Friday, June 18, 2021

Playing with Food

 "I want to help myself.  I just need your thumb for opening

the jar."


Actually, I am playing with Precious' food myself.  She
never takes food out of my hand and she much prefers
not to use a bowl.  



So I am teasing her by putting one crunchie at a time
on the lid of her food jar.  



She's quiet receptive to sniff test and then wait impatiently 
for me to place it on the lid.



"Ok already, Lynn.  you've had your fun at my
expense.  More photos of me that I don't want
shown.  It is embarrassing for a cat to have to beg
for morsels of chickie.  Just dump the handful on
the floor and move out of the way."


This funny looking creature is actually 2 moths mating on the
pavement of the bike path. There can be dozens of them at the
same time. I hate to hit them with the wheels so I dip around
as best I can.
I've been adding the miles to my bicycle this year
already.  It is such a relief from the winter blahs.




And I'm the proud mama of the first Black Swallowtail Butterfly
caterpillar this year. I found the egg 3 weeks ago. That's a 
popcycle stick for comparison.



Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It means a lot.




 




11 comments:

  1. Oh! Poor Precious..! :(.
    At least you got a handful in the
    end..Naughty Mum teasing you..Bless!x

    And..naughty moths doing naughty things,
    is that allowed on a Blog post..HeHe! :).
    And..a nice juicy caterpillar, hope Mum
    is keeping it covered up..it would make a
    lovely meal for a family of birdies..! :).
    Even without chips..! Enjoy yer crunchies! :).
    😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾 😼 🐾🐾

    ReplyDelete
  2. That caterpillar is beautiful and so colorful! You know, Precious, things would be so different for us felines if we had thumbs. the possibilities would be endless! Have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious tell Lynn to stop teasing you like that! Congrats on the first Black Swallowtail Butterfly caterpillar, it sure is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That will be a fun Butterfly when the time comes. Precious they really need to get on with the treats, right

    ReplyDelete
  5. As long as you get t he treats at last Precious, you cann humor your Mom.
    In re: your postal problems of several months ago: On Jan, 2 I mailed a check to a no-kill shelter in North Royalton (I live north of Wadsworth) They finally called me to let me know they received the check June 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here you are trying to help a good cause, and it had to wait
      5 months! Glad they finally got it.

      Delete
  6. I did not realize that Precious was that finiky! Kudos! If I was not a growing boy, and starving all the time, I eat any and everything! And I like to eat moths, 2 at a time would be tasty! That caterpillar looks familiar! We too have swallowtails, we have never raised one from eggs though. We thank you so very much for visiting us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Precious - you are impatient like Blackie is. He just about takes my hand off. Gosh that butterfly will be stunning when it hatches. We don't have those here but we have the Monarch butterflies & I am wondering if they are similar. Happy Weekend to you Lynn & Precious xx

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...