Friday, June 11, 2021

Consolation Prize

 "Wow, Lynn.  I love this new bed."



I decided that Precious deserved a consolation prize for all that has
happened here with stranger and puppy for company. And I also
thought as she gets older, especially in the winter, that an orthopedic
bed might be just the ticket.
You may have noticed the Chewy box in the last post.

This one was not exactly expensive, but at $42 I guess that
is the most I have spent on any one thing for her at a time.
It is 4 inch memory foam with a removable washable cover.
And it truly is quality foam, as I sleep on 8 inch memory
foam and know just what it should feel like.  I could use this
bed for a chair cushion if no kitty ever sleeps in it.

Peepers was always happy with a soft fluffy blanket to knead her
paws in.  And Seney was the coldest cat on earth.  She wanted
heat nearly year round.  But as the skinniest Maine Coon ever,
it is no wonder she was never warm.  So she had a couple
fleecy thermal cat pads and her own heated fleece pad and they
were used almost year round.

Precious has always been Miss Goldilocks and slept here, there, 
and anywhere she feels like.  And of course, in the evenings I 
prefer she be on my legs instead of on the floor in front of me.



"Lynn, mostly I do want to be on your legs in the evening.
It makes it easier for me to see the TV."






Iris in my flower bed this Spring. Thank goodness
they are not deer food as they are one of my favorite flowers

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is appreciated.





14 comments:

  1. Oh! My word Precious..that is an
    extra lovey bed..you'll enjoy
    sleeping and dreaming in there! :).

    I expect your pleased to see the back
    of that Puddle..ooops! Sorry! Poodle! :).
    HeHe! That face is stuck in my mind,
    it looked really weird did'nt it..!
    Still, you could use it as a guard dog,
    l suppose, it would certainly frighten
    the burglars! :(.

    And tell Mum, the Iris at the bottom there
    is lovely..well, it is pink..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, 4 inches of memory foam- can a bed get any poofier? That's a wonderful consolation prize, Precious, for what you had to tolerate. Enjoy it dear girl, and have a splendid weekend! Say, could that memory foam help dad remember stuff? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fantastic bed, Precious. Super-cosy, as you deserve. Great "consolation prize!"

    The biped loves the irises, so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic bed, it sure sounds nice and comfy. Precious looks like she's not quite sure about in the photo, or maybe she just wanted some privacy while checking it out. Beautiful flowers Lynn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. we r jelly yoo gotz a berry cool beddy

    ReplyDelete
  6. \wowzers! Precious that is one terrific bed! When we moved back to Midway from Vancouver, our bag with our cat beds in it got lost. Mom bought 2 but we don't like them. We will have to pester Mom to get one like that! And your irises are drop dead gorgeous! Mom looks at all the Irises in the village when she takes Cinnamon for walks and thinks she has to get some for our yard!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The bed is lovely and the bonus is that Precious seems to like it as well !

    ReplyDelete
  8. If Precious likes the bed, then it's a steal at $42. Usually, a cat will prefer the box. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those iris's are beautiful Lynn. I think Precious's new bed looks so cosy & comfy - I shall not be showing Miss Pippi or she will want one too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Unas fotos preciosas, me han encantado
    bsss

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sweetheart. I love your new beddie. Mom should get ME one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous irises, Lynn. Precious' new bed is really nice. I like the look of it. Hope she enjoys it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a nice bed Precious and we think you will like it. If it is in the right spot which is 80% of bed usage. Some kitties like to be out and open and some like to be a bit hidden which are you sweetie?

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...