Friday, March 5, 2021

Tickle me with a Feather

"Lynn, who gave me this great feather?  It doesn't seem to be

attached to a birdie but it is flying all about."


Precious will sometimes be tempted to play "catch the bird on a stick".
Only if we have not done such for quite a long spell. I have the short
end of a fishing pole with the string on it and the feather attached.
The feather is a free donation from one of the Red Shoulder Hawks
that live in the area and nest. As a matter of fact, I bought a black
rubber water tub, meant for small live stock like goats, and use 
it for a deer watering hole.  The Red Shoulder often baths in it.
When he does, during the molt I find feathers.



I keep this is the TV credenza and pull it out occasionally.  Of course,
she has to inspect the drawer to the max before we begin the game of
flying bird.  The table is still up and the quilt is still on it, but it
must be put away before the sun makes it's way West and and shines
on the cloth.



"Lynn, I'm in motion, catch me catching the Feather."

A couple of "whew, glad that's over" around here.
The foot of frozen concrete melted on Sunday Feb. 29
when we got 2 inches of rain.  And I got my first dose
of covid vaccine on Wed. March 3. They have been trying
once a week since Feb. 8 to do us that are between
65 and 70.  



Thank you all for stopping in for a look and a comment.  It means a lot.

 




8 comments:

  1. Morning Precious..Nice seeing you
    on the move, even if there's no birdie
    attached to it..never mind, you can
    just pretend..! :).

    One of my pussy~cats, Muffty, many years
    ago used to like playing up and down the
    stairs, l would throw a little bouncy ball
    up the stairs, he'd chase after it, catch it,
    and bring it back for me to throw again..mind
    you, we did that about 3~4 times, then he'd
    need a lie down..worn out..HeHe! :).

    Anyway! You enjoy your feather..in between naps! :o).

    ReplyDelete
  2. A hawk feather would be fantastic to have and to play with.

    Vaccine rollout is slow here in our province, and as the biped is under 60, she'll have to wait some months yet before she can get the shot.

    Take care and stay well. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW! Precious! What a fabulishious bird on a stick and so cool it is from a real live hawk! And we love the quilt. And yes we do still have snow. THe pile from the drive way is still about 2 feet high, and what you saw behind Kozmo is the snow on the bank on the other side of the river, it does not get a whole lot of sun until later in the spring. We hope you and your Peeps have a marvellously Happy Weekend and thanks for visiting us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky. Mine are lazy and don't play much any more at all. I suppose they would blame it on their ages...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a sweet little thing Precious. No wonder Lynn loves you so much. I wish I could reach into my screen & give you a gentle pat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious, Lynn, I will see that Mommy gets to have HER first shot on the 16th She got done out of the one that was scheduled on the 6th. I play with the fevver on the stick and string too, if it has been awhile. I wish mommy had a hawk bathing where we live. She is a Raptor fan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you got your first dose of the vaccine, Lynn. Dad and I love that motion shot of Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you're getting some nicer weather, Lynn. We had several spring-like days and it was wonderful. However, snow is headed our way, and the forecast says we will get as much as 2 feet before it's over. Will probably start tonight and extend through the weekend. But that's how it is in Colorado. Enjoy your day! xo

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...