Friday, February 26, 2021

Table Time

 "Lynn, I'm getting a sun tan."


This is the folding table I use for the Christmas tree.
That's right, clear back in December and it is still
up. Precious has decided for me that it must stay.
She has her carpet covered step/window seat,
but with the crochet bed and the quilt, she is not wanting
to use her seat.



Instead, she looks out the window from the table,
and uses the protection of the quilt to jump and hide
when she thinks she may be attacked by us.
I'm not pleased that my very small living space is
now occupied by the table indefinitely, but she will
tire of it one day soon and down it will go 'til the 
12th month of 2021.  In the meantime, you can see
I am a sucker for her pleasure.
 



She doesn't mind scratching her ears while
ensconced there.  She quickly overtook the table
when I was silly enough to put the cat bed on it for
what I thought was just the day it was sunny. And 
since I have few sunny days in the winter, I never
dreamed she would want it every day. So thence,
I covered it with the quilt.



"I'm looking for birdies flying, Lynn. I don't
pose for such nonsense as purrsonal things,
the likes of scratching. Not lady like."


I leave you with a weather update. We have had sun for 3 days 
straight and above freezing each day. The 12 inch thick frozen
snow is now down to about 5 inches, like a fallen cake in the
oven when someone slams the door. You can not imagine
how I feel better with sun, as we easily have 10 to 14 days
in a row of no sun at all.




Thank you all for stopping in for a look and a comment. It means a lot.





9 comments:

  1. HeHe! As l've always said..
    "Dogs have owners..Cats have staff"..! :).

    And, some people being interviewed on the
    TV, in the background, behind them, the
    Christmas tree is still up, and on display!
    And, this morning, they were interviewing
    someone at home, and there was a huge model,
    of the Taj Mahal..when asked, he said he'd
    been making it with Lego during Lockdown..! :).

    We've got 3~4 days of mild weather, temps up in
    double figures, with sunshine, l've got some
    bedding to put out, so it should'nt take long
    to dry..! ;).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lynn, I so very much understand your consternation with the lack of sunshine. It's one of the reasons I can tolerate the Colorado winters. I find it's not the low temperatures or the snow that get to me in other cold states, it's the constant gray skies, as I experienced in Oregon and the Midwest. Where I live now I almost always get at least one or two hours of full sunshine most days. I think I read that Colorado gets about 300 days of sunshine a year. So, that's a lot. Your kitty is definitely spoiled, but who can blame you for indulging her? She's beautiful. Keep warm, be safe and be encouraged. Spring is on its way! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. "As you can see I am a sucker for her pleasure." Well if this doesn't spell out the way the world works I don't know what does. All y'all, after all, ARE here for our pleasure, like it or not. And now on to our weather report. I got a little sun out on the front stoop these past two days with mom while dad was up the road working on clearing some brush in the nice warm sunshine. He said he'd be in short sleeves if he could, but needed to keep the long sleeves on since last time he was clearing brush he got into poison ivy & oak. Well, enough babbling for today. Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cleo is right, humans are here to serve cats and that's the way it is. :-)

    We're sunny and cold too, in our part of eastern Ontario. Some of our snow melted a couple of days ago, with warmer temps, and we're slated for rain this weekend. It would be lovely if we didn't have any more snow this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Yes, the temporary often becomes permanent - or as good as such - with cats. The sets of stairs I placed in my bedroom to help my Cammie when she went blind are permanent now because of my other cats’ aging, especially Renn, who has arthritis. But Precious likes the new arrangement, and that means pretty much everything - and so the table stays…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its funny how they decide they like things & claim them are "theirs" Lynn. When I took the buckets of toys out of the bottom wardrobe for Sid on Tuesday - Blackie went in their & has decided it is now "his" for the time being. Hence the toy buckets are still sitting out annoying me - just like your table. Your last photo is so pretty Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee! Hee! Cats rule! Actually the bay window in the living room used to be where all the plants lived...Until the cats claimed it! Now it has 2 beds a blanket and a tree! There is a dog bed (for the cats) in front of the sliding door in my bed room, and the dining table is now the cat feeding station. The old recliner is still in the living room as it is Kozmo's chair. Precious is just exerting her authority!

    ReplyDelete
  8. BOY oh BOY oh BOY! Do I ever know about Cat Rule. My house is cluttered with my "cat toddler"s toys! A small house all for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sun, oh boy, that sun! That crochet bed is pretty cool, but that snow-even with the sun shining on it- can stay far, far away.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...