Friday, January 29, 2021

Bananas

"Lynn, I didn't think you saw all the 'naners in the kitty posts

we visit!"



I had noticed all the cats going bananas for a  'naner, as
we call 'em here.  And I never gave it a thought to try to figure
out where to buy one.  Precious is so bad about using new
toys that it is a waste of money. Better spent on her food!


It was by chance I saw it when I had to go to our only
big box dept. store to buy cat food. I keep 2 sacks at all
times nowa days, and when my big grocery did not have it
I had to go else where. And both big chain stores only have
small versions of the "big" store in our little city.

Anyways,  I found the Purina One Indoor and was glad
to see they had lots. So I got greedy and bought 2. I did this
in case we have really bad weather this winter.  I glanced
around at the lack of Fancy Feast, which we don't use and
saw the small display of cat toys.  Lo and behold, a
BANANA was hanging there and not the kind I eat.
So I quickly gave in to the urge to buy, got the bags
of cat food and quickly checked out and headed home.
Going into any store is just no fun anymore. 


" I know, Lynn, the bananas you eat stink. They make my
nose curl every time I sniff them. And I always ask to have
a sniff.  This 'naner is perfectly ripe and smells great."


As a side note, those interested in the Ash trees decline,
25 years ago there abouts, the Emerald Ash Borer from
Asia was imported accidentally on a shipment of living
non-native ornamental plants.  They lay their eggs in the
bark and within 2 years, the larvae kill the tree eating
the soft under tissue.  The ash in Michigan, where they
entered port, Indiana, Ohio and Illinois are losing the
trees by the millions. Eventually they will be completely
gone across the Americas.





 

9 comments:

  1. Well Precious..Bananas are good for you..
    Bananas are respectable sources of vitamin C..
    Manganese in bananas is good for your skin..
    Potassium in bananas is good for your heart health
    and blood pressure..
    Bananas can aid digestion and help beat gastrointestinal
    issues..
    Bananas give you energy – minus the fats and cholesterol​..
    (That's why you see tennis players eat one between sets)..

    HeHe! Remember these...?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHVuBYnNmpE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Nip Nanners! We need a new one (or a chili or a cigar). Mom bought some of the little Yeeoow fishes the last time she was in the big city as she could not find the big toys. They are fun but we want the big ones! NOW we are demanding a new Nanner! Enjoy your new Nanner sweet Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen those Naners before Lynn but you can certainly see how Precious just loves it. I shall have to look out for one for Miss Pip - might try the pet store. Have a great weekend Lynn & Precious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I'll have to see if mom and dad can get me one of them there nip nanners, though like all my other toys I'll likely play with it once or twice and then just ignore it. Dad says he's eaten more nanners in the past few years than he's ever eaten in his life. This was all part of mom's evil plan to get him to shed some pounds, eat better and live longer. They've even frozen over ripe ones, then take them out, mash them in the food processor and eat as is like ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a nip nanner and I love it. I'll leave it for a few months and then come back to it. Our ash trees have met a similar fate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My beasts don't play with toys, either: they are strewn all over the apartment. But it looks like the banana is a hit with Precious.

    I wonder if ash trees can make a comeback after the borer kills them all and has no environment left in which to live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I understand it, Lynn, there are treatment options available to protect ash trees from the borers, if used properly and at the right time. Here's a link that, I believe, gives hope and may be of interest: http://www.emeraldashborer.info/documents/multistate_eab_insecticide_fact_sheet.pdf

    ReplyDelete
  8. Precious that Nanner will be a favorite for a long long time. Those nanners have staying power. Dad pops our old nip nanners in the dryer for 10 minutes on warm and they are ready for play again

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...