Thursday, December 24, 2020

Christmas Traditions

"Lynn, let's decorate the tree with the Fancy Feast Kitties."




I have mostly cat related ornaments for the tree. Most are
the Fancy Feast ones I was able to get from 1997 to 2012.
You had to have dozens of can labels and a bit of money,
so I saved every label off every can of food Seney would
eat. Not that she usually ate a whole can! She was so 
picky and finicky her entire 20 years. 



When Seney died on Christmas Eve, 2012 that put
an end to tradition.  However Precious and I have
our own tradition of getting them all out and putting them
on a much smaller tree, as the years go by. Basically,
I believe Precious would rather have them for toys,
but that isn't likely to happen.




"Don't let Santa know I'm under the tree skirt.
I'm hoping to see him come in with my favorite
treats and wacky weed.  I've been very very good."

Merry Christmas to each and everyone. I have
truly enjoyed doing the blog this past year. And every
one of you who have visited are in my prayers for
a wonderful new year ahead.  Lynn








 

7 comments:

  1. • ★ Merry ★* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚
    •。★ Christmas 。* 。
    ° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚And a Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*
    🎅 🎄 🎅 🎄 🎅 🎄 🎅 🎄 🎅 🎄 🎅

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, new bloggy friend here. Dad and I love the colorful Christmas tree photo. That's so sweet you bring out Seney's ornaments. What a great memory. We hope you have a Merry Christmas, and here's hoping the New Year brings better things than this past one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Lynn and Precious. My mom only has a few FF ornaments. But she loves those. We both enjoyed seeing all of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! The smaller tree is very pretty; hopefully Precious doesn't want to re-decorate too much. I had no idea about the Fancy Feast ornaments, though they seemed to have started a decade before I acquired my first cat. Sending labels in to receive something back reads like something out of the past; when I was young, I think most companies had some sort of promotion like that. It's a good tradition that you have. I hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas. Is Precious going to get a little turkey for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lyn oh my what a funny character Precious is,lol I wonder if Santa found out what the lump was under the Xmas tree skirt lol Merry Xmas and a Happy New year my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...