Thursday, November 5, 2020

What a pleasant surprise

 "Wow, Lynn, another new bag for itty bitty me?"


Well, folks, the carryall is actually a surprise gift to
me, not Precious.  But of course, she is the first to actually
use it.  The branch library finally opened it's doors to allow
people inside on October 5.  And apparently, I was one
of the first 50 people to go in and pick up books.  Each one
of us was entered into a drawing, unbeknownst to us.  
And I was first place winner!  The bag had a red Tshirt with
same logo, and dark blue apron with "Read" printed on it,
ink pen, block of post-it-note paper, hand sanitizer and
bag of M&M's and a cloth mask.  

I'm still ordering dvds and books online and just running
in for a pick up.  The library is still offering to meet you
at the window for a quick hand over, but I look around
the parking lot and if it is practically empty, I like to say
hello to these nice workers. 

It had been 8 days straight of dark and damp and not a bit of
sunshine on the day the librarian called me.  This was such an
amazing pick me up, I couldn't believe.


"I think I'll just use this for a nap instead of the
blue bag, Lynn. Tell the library lady I love it
and I'll send it over to be filled with books
some day. Of course it'll be fur covered by then."

And on a note of time change, how I do not like doing
it Fall or Spring. This past Sunday morn was the usual
difficulty of trying to stay in bed till the "new" 5:30 when
I was awake for over an hour on my "old" schedule. And
then Precious does not understand why she has to wait for
her breakfast. 


"Oh, Lynn, this looks like I'm washing my
breakfast off the whiskers.  I'm really just
trying to get primped for the photo shoot."




5 comments:

  1. Lynn, I'm a Crazy Cat Mom, too, and your Precious is, well, precious! Like you, I do not like changing the time twice a year. They need to pick a time, any time, I don't care, and just stay with it all year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great win Lynn ... such wonderful goodies! You deserve it ... our Library is open but we have to sign in & hand sanitize etc. Perhaps Precious will take the bag as her preferred sleeping spot ... just like little Poppy Q who loves bags to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! That's a lovely new bag Precious! :).
    Looks big enough for you hide away from
    Mum if you want to..though she would see
    the bump..! HeHe! :).
    And..the red T~shirt, was it to BIG for
    you then..! Bless!x :o).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely Precious. Tell your mommy that MY mommy hates the time changes and I wish as does she, that they would just QUIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed the time-change and wondered why my usual radio programme hadn't come on yet... As for the library, it sounds like they are getting back a little bit to normal. How I long for the good ol' days when normal was, wqell, normal... And it is of course fitting that Precious gets to use first whatever comes into the house.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...