Tuesday, November 17, 2020

3 down and 2 to go

 "I'm not sure which one I like best."


So, I have gotten 3 cat beds made so far. With enough
yarn for 2 more. The fake furs were easy enough to sew
up with lots of layers of quilt batting for warmth and cush.
Fleece on the back side, and Precious can't make up her mind
whether she likes fur up or fleece up.  She kneeds her toes in
the fur only. 
Now the crochet was a different and slower bed to make. I just
used 2 strands of yarn together to crochet the bottom and then the
side is a long tube filed with poly fill.  Just my own pattern of
going round and round.  Not sure the next one of yarn will be
like this. I found a pattern on line I will try.


"Oh Lynn, this is so soothing to my poor tootsies, now
you have cut my razor sharp claws. I am just going
to break these beds in a bit for the orphans. I figure if
there is cat fur on them, they won't be afraid to lay on them
and get a good warm nap."


Funny thing is, Precious changes her sleeping
accommodations  every few months.  All
summer long, she has been under the bed by
7 am and stayed there till 2 pm.  Now with the
advent of chipmunks, she stays in the living room
most of the morning and then takes a nap up in
the closet, on one of her 5 beds.  When the chippies
go into light hibernation, I wonder where she'll
sleep next.  Also, she is so worn out now, by
5:30 pm, she wants my legs until I make her
get up at 8:30 pm or so, so I can make a potty
run!




3 comments:

  1. HeHe! If l was you Presious, l'd forget
    those 'little' beds and stick to the BIG
    beds..on top or underneath..! :).
    At least with a BIG bed you've plenty of
    room to move about and stretch and hide..! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those beds are delightful Lynn - you are so clever. Its funny how the furry ones like to kneed their toes into anything soft or furry like that - my two do it also. Yes I always need to use "the little room" whenever Miss Pip sits herself down on my lap for a good long sleep too. I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three already! Precious must be loving the variety - and breaking them in. Let us know which she decides she likes best.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...