Sunday, October 11, 2020

"Hurry, Lynn, show everyone what is on my wacky weed!"


I could not believe I found this Monarch hatched at 1 pm
today! We are having light rain from Hurricane Delta,
as it has blown 1500 miles north out of the Gulf of Mexico.
And every day I get Precious a leaf off this catnip plant.
If I would have damaged this, not knowing the chrysalis
was hanging there, oh my. Now it will have to wait for
the rain to stop before it flies off to Mexico. I like to think
most make it there for the winter.


"I'll be watching for you, butterfly, when you return
next year. Someday one of you will play with me."



 

4 comments:

  1. Look at Precious's sweet little face looking out the window there LYnn. That is a stunning butterfly you found on the plant. I hope my swan plants grow well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Lynn and how pretty is the butterfly,hello precious she is so pretty,take care my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Precious...Careful of monarch butterfly,
    it stores a poison called cardenolides..
    It can kill people if they consume too
    much of it...So beware..! :(.

    Oh! And..Monarch butterflies typically
    live from 2 to 6 weeks except for the
    last generation of the year, which can
    live up to 8 to 9 months...! :).

    HeHe! So there's your butterfly lesson
    for to~day...! :o).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! That butterfly came close to being picked for Precious's delight!

    ReplyDelete

Same old, same old

  "Lynn said I have control of the blog today.  I am using voice command with cat language interpret to hooman as I have no thumbs.&quo...