Monday, October 5, 2020

"Lynn, I love it! I'll probably lay on this for a couple times at least."

I mean no disrespect to the person who so kindly made
this small quilt for my husband. It has a special design in the 
middle of a slingshot.  He has a good group of friends
in 1/2 dozen states that pre-covid would meet a few times a
year for slingshot tournaments/get togethers.

However, I indulge my Precious from time to time and 
since we were home alone for a few days,
I folded this up and placed it on the living room floor for her.
She has been admiring it draped over the stair railing for so long.
It had been originally draped so she could hide under it a bit.




For my selfish interest, I wanted to see her in the open,
where I can remind myself, occasionally, I have a sweet
pet cat. Instead of just in my imagination.

"Aw, Lynn, I didn't know you cared enough to give me 
this forbidden blankie, or you missed seeing me when
I'm in hiding."

I'll end this with a photo of a beauty that hatched
out just 2 days after Precious's last post about
the caterpillars.  Now I have 3 chrysalis to over
winter in the pot with net and hardware cloth to
keep out invaders.
 This is what Precious loves to watch,
butterflies. 




 

6 comments:

  1. I must confess, l looked up Slingshot
    Tournaments..it's the old catapult
    thingie..just watched a short video on
    uTube..
    Slingshots are not considered weapons
    under UK law, but carrying a slingshot
    may be punished under the "Prevention
    of Crime Act 1953"...
    (I did'nt know that)..

    AND..You look lovely on that quilt Precious!x
    But then you'd look lovely on anything..! :).
    I think the butterfly at the bottom there is
    a lepidoptera...Lovely..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious does indeed look precious, although, I wouldn't want to get on her bad side. ;-) She just has this look, don't mess with me. ~ What a beautiful butterfly. ~ Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cat likes, a cat likes; there is no insult in that! And what a beautiful creature that butterfly is. Such a pattern on his wings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn...I loved your comment to Katie on her blog. Wanted to say that
    .
    Precious, what a butterfly in that the beauty is superb! Your mom does a service to those dear creatures. No wonder you enjoy watching it. My mom has put some things down for me to lie on too...even though normally, she wouldn't. We Kitties sorta rule the household- and all things are for our comfort, really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks most delighted to be on the quilt Lynn ... Yes I sometimes drape quilts over thing so Pippi has a little "hidey place" as she loves to tuck under them too. That is such a lovely photo of Precious in the first pic .. I would be framing that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lynn lol how funny is precious ,love your butterfly,stay safe my friend xx

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...