Friday, April 29, 2022

Tail of the Chipmunk

 "Chippy, Lynn, Chippy's here. Let me at 'er."




No way Precious. You are not going outside.
And this is a nursing momma chipmunk.  You'll want
to see her babies one day soon.


I hope the video is not sideways when you
watch.  I never know what the phone camera will do.
There was a lot of tail swishing going on.

It was sunny and very warm here for 4 days straight.
Hasn't done that since September.  I actually rode my
bike 3 of the days in high wind.  A few times I was
able to stop the bike, feet on the pedals and hands on the
handle bar and just sit without fear of tipping over. What 
a work out.



Toad Shade and Bloodroot


Spring Beauty and Trout Lily

Just a few early native flowers I saw.
Then this morn it was 28 degrees and the bird bath was
frozen.  What a cold and wet April. Not really a 
Spring to brag about this year.
But it did not hinder the chipmunks it appears.


Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.







8 comments:

  1. Precious, we can see how engrossed you were watching that chipmunk! We get squirrels in our garden and on the fence, but not chipmunks, though there are plenty around in other areas.

    We love the wildflowers too. There's nothing better for the biped's spirit than spring blooms. :-)

    We're with you on the cold, miserable April, though. We're having a stretch of sunshine now, and we might even warm up to 12C. (Last Sunday it was 19C and it was gorgeous for one day; we've been freezing since.)

    Take care and have a lovely weekend. Thanks so much for your comments re: Derry, we appreciate it very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've never gotten close enough to a chipmunk to tell if it was a nursing Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How wonderful to have chipmunks visit you Lynn. I would not let Blackie outside if one was there as it would end up in his mouth. We don't have them here anyway so its extra special to see them at your place. Yes lots of tail motion going on there. Glad you have had some finer weather at long last. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Precious! It is terrific to see your video! (and yes, we saw it right side up). Mom cast it to the "big Screen" for me and I tried to catch your tail. Jo Jo smacked me on the side of my head and said that was rude. The chipmunks avoid our yard...though we do have a couple of obnoxious squirrels. Jo Jo says it is just about time for a Girl Cats do Jokes, but I said we have to wait until we are sure that Mom will keep helping us with the posts and comments. She got busy this week and did not help us until late in the week last week...We hope you and your Peeps have a marvelously happy week! Purrs Marv (and Jo Jo).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious was concentrating pretty hard on that chipmunk, only her tail was moving until the end of the video.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and my mom LOVE chippies! We love to watch them and always are nice to them. You are so lucky to have a nursing momma. I can;t wait to see if you'll have babies to enjoy looking at too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning sweetie! I didn't write a bit, but that's because my husband came and I had a week off from everything :) Yesterday I saw a squirrel in the garden. The first one this year. My Baby noticed her :) In my place, squirrels are wild, but in the city of Wrocław, there are chips in the park that come up to people! You have to have nuts and call them "Basia". Basia is a very popular name for squirrels in Poland. When I was in this park, I managed to stroke the squirrel :)
    Happy birthday to you! Have a good week and only sunny days!
    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We thought of you as we roared through the house in our Toy-Yoda today! Mat the Fourth be with you (and your Peeps)! Purrs Darth Marv!

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...