Friday, December 10, 2021

Combs and Hair brushing

 "What happened to my brush and comb? I didn't mean to wear

them out!"




Here is the brush I have used for Precious for years.  It is a very
old men's head massage brush.  It never got used on man nor
beast until Precious.  She did not like the metal comb that
long furred Peepers loved.  And then the child size hair brush
that was needed and liked by Seney also did not impress my
grey girl.
After using this daily for at least the past 6 years, the thin plastic
started cracking all over the brush.  So of course, good old
duck tape applied to the back has put it back into temporary use.


I knew I was going to have to replace the red one sooner or
later.  So every store I went in that had hair products, I searched
for the head massage brush.  No luck, only on the internet could 
I find one.  Then I started looking into every pet department of
stores for a brush.  It was really aggravating to know what I wanted
and not find anything.  But then I found this $2 pet brush at 
Walmart! I thought that was cheap enough to try and wow,
Precious loves it and it definitely does as good a job on  getting
the shedding furs.


However, the red brush was not the only one starting to fall apart.
Here is a corner comb that was Seney's  so it may be 25 years old.
Precious loves to do her own cheeks while I do the rest of her.
And the plastic teeth are breaking off daily.  So I did find a 
completely different shape one at Chewy and took a chance on
it also.  And she loves it too. 





"Hey, be careful there, don't yank on the snaggles too hard."

And I decided to try my hand at the art of painting again,
so here's Precious.





"I look better in grey onesie Lynn, instead of colors."



Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.






7 comments:

  1. You look good in any/every colour, Precious!

    Good bargain finds on the new massage brush and the comb too! I found an inexpensive but very durable pet massage brush for Derry years ago in an outlet store; he LOVES it. I do use others (I have a furminator for shedding season), but he loves that one the most.

    Precious: We hope you enjoy brushing sessions with the new implements for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Precious! What!?! You get brushies every day!?!? That does NOT happen here...Mom says if she started she would be brushing all day (and we know that she would). We each have a different favorite brush too. Mom brushes Cinnamon the most. She has a an undercoat that she sheds all year. We also LOVE your cheek scratchers, we have asked Mom to look out for one! Precious we hope you and your Peep have a marvellously Happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WoW Lynn!! Your painting is amazing! Gosh you are so clever to paint like that ...I could not even draw a stick figure. I am pleased you found a brush & comb to Precious's liking as I know how fickle they can be when they don't like something new. Have a great weekend both of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's often the case that you find the cheap, general-purpose items are better than the expensive specialty tools. It reminds me of when I learned that a curry-comb was perfect for cleaning cat-trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Precious is happy with her new groomers! And whether colored or her gray self, Precious is just, well, Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious is one well-groomed feline! Glad you were able to find a replacement brush that she likes, and that was easy on the wallet. It's good to see you expressing your creative side with your painting. Enjoy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Precious, I don't think I've properly thanked your mum for her kind sympathies upon the death of my friend, Tucker. It's a terrible thing to lose a good friend and companion, but your mum knows what it's like, and I am grateful that she sent her kind words and thoughts to me.

    ReplyDelete

Tea Towel Time

  "Lynn, did you buy one of each?  They are furry funny." Nope, Precious.  However I did get a good laugh out of them. Some times ...