Friday, August 6, 2021

I'm in a Fog

 "Lynn, I can't see you. What happened? Like old timey

TV when the snow came on?"


I like to ride my bike about 7:30 am.  I try to do at least
20 miles.  At this time of day, I have the Rail-Trail
to myself for the most part.  Just me and the wildlife.
And please, try not to ride over the untold number of crazy
chipmunks!


I do see a few regulars on the path. More dog walkers and
runners than bikers.  I enjoy seeing the same folks out there,
but we do not do any talking. Just smile and wave. Nice.

But I am often in fog that early on humid mornings. These
2 photos show how I can be in and out at any time.  I do get
wet and then my glasses are so fogged over, I can be out
of the fog and not even know it, as I can't see.



"If you had cat eyes, this would not be a problem. You don't
see me wearing glasses."

Precious, don't make fun of tv snow. I grew up with black and
white tv that my father had to keep going with tubes for the set
from Sears and Roebuck. And at 11 pm, the announcement was
"It is 11 pm, do YOU know where your children are?". And on that
note, tv went off the air and lots of snow!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit and a comment.
It is much appreciated.



 

11 comments:

  1. Precious..Summat to explain to Mum,
    while she's watching her 'Gas' B/W
    T.V.
    What is the difference between mist and fog?

    Fog and mist are both created by water droplets,
    differing only in their overall locations and
    density.
    Mist forms wherever water droplets are suspended
    in the air by temperature inversion, volcanic
    activity, or changes in humidity.
    Fog is denser than mist and tends to last longer...

    Here endeth the weather lesson..Playtime....! :O).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love learning so thanks for the info. Hope you have a great weekend Willie.

      Delete
  2. I've always loved a foggy morning, the stillness and scent of it, especially as it was when I was growing up in the country. There's a different quality to sound when it's foggy. I just don't like endless days of it, as we often had when I lived in Halifax, NS. LOL.

    Precious, I also grew up with a 14-inch black and white TV, rabbit ears, CBC the only channel you could get, and often nothing when bad weather took out the signal from the tower. I'd say, though, that 20+ years of staring a computer screen for my work has done more to strain my eyes than age alone! :-P

    Take care and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's some serious biking you do, Lynn. I remember very well the black and white TV sets with tubes. I remember the "TV repair man" making house calls. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get the fog here too Lynn - we are in a bit of a "dip" here & the fog can linger all day. You do so well on your bike - you make me feel lazy. I love that photo of Precious - she looks as if she is saying "I do not approve of having my photo taken". She has the sweetest face. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad grew to love the foggy mornings out at the beach, but there's something else about the way the fog rolls across the mountains out here. It's eerie and seductive at once. He grew up with the old tv snow, the color bars at the end of the night and all that. It's one of those sounds, like the delightful scratchety scratch of an overplayed album dad says is delicious. WTF is he even saying?

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have similar haze, though it's due to forest fires from surrounding regions... I remember old tv times, with the 'late, late show', movies far into the wee hours and no vcr to record them; you either watched what was on or missed it. And stations would go off the air until the next morning...

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have smoke haze! A couple of days it has bee really thick and I would not want to be riding a bike or running in it. Precious, you look marvellous darling! You are one gorgeous cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aqui en invierno también hace muchisima niebla, me recuerda a las peliculas de terror, jajaja
    bssss

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh we have haze here all the time. Mountains and valleys are here of course. The Valley fills up and out doesn't burn off till close to noon.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...