Friday, January 15, 2021

Late Package Delivered

"Lynn, the mailman left a box on the porch. You know I

don't like him close by."


I know, Precious,  it is a good thing you growled loudly,
because he did not ring the door bell or knock to let me know
I had a box.
And this box had my Nala's World tee shirt and carry bag in
it.  And if this box could talk it would have a story to tell.


It was ordered November 24, 2020.  And it was shipped
out of the UK on Dec 3, 2020.  However, our postal system never
indicated it was in the US at all.  The package must have flown into
the Bermuda Triangle to never be heard of again.  But USPS finally
admitted to having it on January 1, 2021.  It was in Chicago, Illinois.


Here's the trail from, Chicago, Illinois to me on Jan. 8.
Chicago west to Des Moines, Iowa 334 miles.
Des Moines, Iowa east to Indianapolis, Indiana 475 miles.
Indianapolis east to Columbus, Ohio 175 miles.
Columbus north to my tiny town 60 miles.

It traveled 1041 miles to be delivered to me late. As the crow
flies, it is 343 miles from Chicago to my town! I am glad it
arrived and as you can see Precious has a new bag to try out.


"Lynn, I don't know who Nala is, but I like the green eyes like mine."

I guess it is fitting the box went long way round about to get here. Nala and
her human wanted to bike around the world, pre-covid, and I guess
the trip the box took just represents that.





10 comments:

  1. Goodness Precious..they'll probably
    make a movie now..'The Bag Adventures'
    HeHe! And that poor old crow..still
    flying like one..and do you know..Crows
    'do not' fly in a straight line, don't
    know where that idea comes from..?

    At least you've got plenty to keep you busy
    Precious..a nice bag, is it big enough for
    you to get into it, for a little sleep, but,
    l think the T~shirt is a bit big for you..! :).
    Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Willie, if I tried to dress Precious in a tee shirt, I think
      she'd shred it into mouse bedding!

      Delete
  2. Another Ohioan here : on Dec 4 I mailed my info to the state DMV for my renewal license tag...(I didn't apply in person because evn if you make an online appointment they notify you that there may still be a long wait.) It finally arrived Jan. 6, while I drove around with expired tags for 10 days. It is 130 miles from my house to Columbus, so I have no idea where things went between me and them and then back again. Glad you got your order - correct and undamaged - and nobody pulled me over so "all's well that ends well," Purrs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine how you would have not got fined by our wonderful state if pulled over! Glad it didn't happen. I've had a few Priority Mail packages, guaranteed to be delivered in 3 days, lay in Columbus USPS for 7 days straight!

      Delete
  3. Gosh the postal system is enough to do your head in sometimes Lynn - ours here in New Zealand takes forever. I am so pleased your t-shirt finally arrived & that Precious has a shiny new bag to test out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometime the postal service is horrible! We are still waiting for a package that we ordered in November to be delivered! The Tshirt is GORGEOUS I bet it (and the bag for you Precious) were worth the wait! Have a marvellously Happy Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it sure looks like it took the long way around! Dad just received a package a couple days ago that his oldest daughter sent from Massachusetts on December twenty-something. We're not sure why it took so long, but at least it arrived intact. I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm hearing and reading a lot about bad mail service in both Canada and the U.S. One of my correspondents just received her Christmas card from me this past week, even though I mailed it two weeks before Christmas - and she lives only about twenty minutes away! Other, more distant recipients had their cards arrive much sooner. Well, I'm glad your package at last arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sent something to the UK for a Christmas present and I didn't think it would ever get there, nor hers to me! WEEKS. I bid on something on eBay and it took 3 weeks to make it from Ohio to here. TN. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Precious...if you want to visit me, it's just hop in your tunnel or tent and follow my coordinates I'll send you and you'll be here in the flash of an eye twinkle.

    ReplyDelete

So, here's the thing

  "Lynn, I's sorry, but you know I really only love you.  You are my furiend and safe hooman." Precious is having another &quo...