Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Bits and Pieces, Bits and Pieces

 "Lynn, are you writing mulligan stew?"


My 18 year old cactus is in full bloom right now.  Back when
Precious moved in lock-stock-and litter box, she was 14 months
old.  After she realized she had the place to herself, she 
started being curious and investigative. She tried eating this
as it was in bloom when she got here.  I quickly got a pot hanger
and put it up too high for her to reach.  However, she spent hours
climbing on the back of the couch trying to reach it.  Now days
she has no interest in the plant, so when I bring it in for the
winter, it shares her window seat for sun.


"I'd rather sleep."


I bought this 25 years ago and have read it over and over.
I just finished it again. I have it memorized and love it.
Precious lets me read in the evenings, but it is not an
easy task. I have to keep my right hand on her chest at
all times, so holding the book left handed and turning pages
can be a challenge.


"I'd rather sleep."

And lastly, my product tester found the flaw in my
crochet bolster.  The stuffing comes out with diamond
sharp claws.  NOT GOOD.  So I took it apart just a bit
and pulled out the stuffing, sewed up a snake like tube
and stuffed it.  Then had to get it into the round bolster.
Took about 2 hours. No more loose stuffing. So I  think
the product tester gets to keep this one.


"Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Hope you have
turkey, stew or crunchies (like me). I'd still
rather sleep."

Any me, I have all the above and much more to be
thankful for every day.









5 comments:

  1. Does Mum read the pussy~cat stories
    out loud for you Precious!
    That would be nice, and her hand on
    your chest..Nice!
    Mind you, that would probably put you
    to sleep..which is what you'd prefer,
    HeHe! Bless!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Precious...Lynn, we loved this blog again today. Both of you know just what's interesting to us kitties and mommies. I used to have some Christmas cactus if I didn't;t get caught. Well, I tried but she DID always catch me. I had a salmon colored one and the usual deep pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very Happy Thanksgiving to all. We have that book and I was just looking at it in the cat book library. The same problem here with Timmy holding my hand down

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious is just so adorable Lynn. Look at that paw. Your cactus is just beautiful ... gosh 18 years old - that's just wonderful. Happy Weekend to you & Precious Lynn xx (p.s forgot to say I shall look out for that book as it looks a good read).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I laughed at how you read your book; indeed, quite a challenge! My new kittens find books too fascinating to let me read while I am with them... Precious was certainly doing her job as product-tester; that product would have gone out faulty, but thanks to her and your skills, it wont be easily destroyed by little claws.

    ReplyDelete

Three for Tea Please

"Lynn,  if you and Dolly git tea and crumpets, do I get tuna juice and salmon patties?" Precious and I had one of those quiet week...